Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SAMSUNG 50" Full HD, 3D, TV with FREE 3D Blu-ray player & 3 pairs of 3D glasses £999

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 steo2009

hi well i work in currys, im dont think the offer would still be around in december, but im not 100% on that so, when i find out will let you know when this offer ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Cheers, and I'll see if I can get finance arranged earlier, before it ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

If you aren't watching 3D content does the TV work like a normal HDTV or do you always need glasses when watching?

Surely it works as normal 1080p HDTV, you wouldn't buy a TV just to watch 4-5 movies :)

By the way, you can also simulate 3D of 2D movie, not sure if this TV does, but most of them do, and some simulations are pretty good.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

This offer was due to end on wednesday in cork but its over now...
    I was in on friday and had planned to get it today only to be tod today that the offer is now finished.... Pretty annoyed now....

Well Xmas is coming, you will have your revenge mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

As I said earlier, offer is also avail in DID, and if u put down a deposit now they will hold the offer for you for a while, also if the offer gets better you can just avail of the new offer.

Hopefully another better deal comes along . No DID in cork though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 steo2009

ok i found out that this deal has ended now.

• Advertisement

Thanks for an update.
    Well, we just wait for another one, I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

mik_da_man wrote: »
    This offer was due to end on wednesday in cork but its over now...
    I was in on friday and had planned to get it today only to be tod today that the offer is now finished.... Pretty annoyed now....

Soundstore are doing the offer in Cork/Waterford/Limerick/Tralee, but they say 2 pairs of glasses.
    They're probably not counting the one that comes in the box with the bluray player, or the one you can send away to Samsung for.

Just back from Currys in Carrickmines, they still have, probably similar, offer 50" Samsung 3D 1080p plasma, can't remember the model, + 3D BluRay player + 1 pair of glasses (another pair is in the box) = €1199.

I don't know if it;s the same one, but looks close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Saw this today in Currys and was well impressed. Asked if I could leave a deposit on it and pay the rest so I can have it for Christmas was told no all has to be

Currys Declan is this correct as may buy this

Soarer wrote: »
    Soundstore are doing the offer in Cork/Waterford/Limerick/Tralee, but they say 2 pairs of glasses.
    They're probably not counting the one that comes in the box with the bluray player, or the one you can send away to Samsung for.

Yep I found that out yesterday. The sound store offer includes 3 pairs of glasses and the dvd. And they have stock coming in this week. Harvey norman have the same offer too. Bought mine in sound store today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭chalky024

Whet model is it that's on offer? Might be interested in making a purchase in this price range since my 2 year old SONY KDL 46X3000 seems to be dead. Don't think I'll be spending close to €4000 on a TV again if it's only going to last as long as that:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

chalky024 wrote: »
    Whet model is it that's on offer? Might be interested in making a purchase in this price range since my 2 year old SONY KDL 46X3000 seems to be dead. Don't think I'll be spending close to €4000 on a TV again if it's only going to last as long as that:(

Becoming an all to familiar occurrance unfortunately. 2 yr life here on a 42". Extended warranty from now on for sure. PC were doing free 5yr on Sonys recently. A "must" for future purchases.

Its the Samsung PS50C680

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

Bought this TV in PC world in Naas on Friday. Came with Blue Ray 3D and 2 pairs specs.
    Dongle needs to be purchased seperatly for @internet TV.
    TV is excellent (even on Sky SD - HD box on order).
    Can't get onto net to use @Internet on the Blueray due to router issues (gateway ping problems) - will try again later.
    Overall very happy with the set up, once the internet issue sorted will be 100% delighted!

"I'll be back" says offer :)

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-ps50c680-free-blu-ray-playe/793565
    This deal doesnt start untill thursday 11th November. There will also be a 5% off code online at this time too to bring the price down further.
    Not as good as the original deal but better than anything out there at the minute

This has been confirmed by Comet Telesales on the phone

kaiphas wrote: »
    Dongle needs to be purchased seperatly for @internet TV.

Can't get onto net to use @Internet on the Blueray due to router issues (gateway ping problems) - will try again later.
    Overall very happy with the set up, once the internet issue sorted will be 100% delighted!

Yeah I have been checking out that dongle - pretty pricey!
    Think I may get a pair of the powerline adaptors, but if the blu-ray wi-fi works that should work ok I guess...

• Advertisement

Ok bought this and still getting use to it

Downloaded some movies from http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-3d-movies.html but not sure what I am doing wrong or right as dont think what I am doing is right. Downloaded it onto a usb plugged it in and then checked media on the remote and tried playing it and did not seem 3d ish:confused:
    Have not hooked up the blu ray player yet?

Anyone who has this give any tips?

What's up with your X3000?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Ok bought this and still getting use to it

Downloaded some movies from http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-3d-movies.html but not sure what I am doing wrong or right as dont think what I am doing is right. Downloaded it onto a usb plugged it in and then checked media on the remote and tried playing it and did not seem 3d ish:confused:
    Have not hooked up the blu ray player yet?

Anyone who has this give any tips?

Download some of the trailers from this site http://www.biohemmet.se/3dtrailers.php

Put the downloaded files onto your USB drive and plug it into the TV. Play the file and select the "3D" button on the remote, select the "Side By Side" option for 3D and your in business.

Just noticed some Avatar and Shrek trailers on the site above, must give them a go.

Hi Soarer,

The LCD panel is apparently gone in the set. It started a few weeks ago with 3 intermittent horizontal lines across the screen and developed into the right hand side of the screen showing a double image which jumped up and down rapidly for the first 20 minutes following switch on. After it settled it would then occasionally lose picture for 5 to 10 seconds. When I rang the engineer to discuss the issue he said the panel was gone as soon as I mentioned the lines. He has had six of these sets with the same issue over the last few monthsmad.gif Not good for a premium product!!

Bloomin' flip.

*touch wood* My 46X3000 is working away fine and dandyo. Sold it to my ol' fella a few weeks back to upgrade the set. Hopefully it'll keep going, as I don't want to be giving him back his money!:o

Hi Soarer,
    Just had a bit of good news. SONY will replace the panel free of charge! The service engineer did all the work for me so I didn't even have to go any further than him. Panel is ordered and should have the set back next week, just have to cover the labour cost for the replacement:D

Ah that's excellent news. Fair play to Sony.

The X3000 is a superb set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Leadership

Mine was delivered last night :)

The screen failed after only 1 hour 20 mins :mad: So I get sound no picture. Prior to that I was enjoying the TV.

I bet the 3D sound is brilliant though!;)

Soarer wrote: »
    I bet the 3D sound is brilliant though!;)

Yep, the sound is awesome:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Lads anyone know if currys will take a deposit and hold one of these tvs for me?

fox007 wrote: »
    Lads anyone know if currys will take a deposit and hold one of these tvs for me?

No asked same question & was told full payment up front.Also note you only get 1 3G glasses still trying to get second set from them.Samsung website out of stock at moment when I went to get my free pair

I'd have to question that offer of only one pair of glasses with currys.
    According to Samsung the pack with 2 pairs of galsses and 3D Blu-Ray should be avaiable to anyone who purchases a TV and Blu-Ray Player:

http://www.samsung.com/au/tv/news_2010-03-09_Samsung-Dreamworks.html
    Samsung has also made 3D TV more accessible for consumers by unveiling a global promotional program where everyone who purchases a 2010 Samsung 3D TV and a 3D Blu-ray Player or Home Theatre System will receive a 3D starter kit that includes two pairs of Samsung 3D active glasses and a first-time, feature-length 3D Blu-ray version of Dream Works Animation’s 2009 release, Monsters vs. Aliens (exclusive to Samsung products)

I'd have to question that offer of only one pair of glasses with currys.
    According to Samsung the pack with 2 pairs of galsses and 3D Blu-Ray should be avaiable to anyone who purchases a TV and Blu-Ray Player:

http://www.samsung.com/au/tv/news_2010-03-09_Samsung-Dreamworks.html
    Nope never got the starter kit with this purchase. Had to email Samsung to get the free but they are out of stock and only got some in last week and are catching up on their backdated orders. No free Monsters v Aliens dvd either so may post this in the talk to section for Currys. Miss Gunner bought me A Christmas Carol and this is the only film I have watched so far. Tried downloading some and put it onto usb but nothing:(

when you say e-mail samsung forthe free ones do you mean the Samsung Connect site?
    I ordered there but no reply yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

Is the tv irish digital ready

Is the tv irish digital ready

Yes!

when you say e-mail samsung forthe free ones do you mean the Samsung Connect site?
    I ordered there but no reply yet...

Yes emailed samsung connect and got a response that they where out of stock still waiting for delivery

Their email is 3DGlasses@samsung-connect.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭darkside71

Nope never got the starter kit with this purchase. Had to email Samsung to get the free but they are out of stock and only got some in last week and are catching up on their backdated orders. No free Monsters v Aliens dvd either so may post this in the talk to section for Currys. Miss Gunner bought me A Christmas Carol and this is the only film I have watched so far. Tried downloading some and put it onto usb but nothing:(

Hi folks, Does Anyone know if any stores are doing the 3 Free Glasses and the Film still? I was in Currys at the weekend and they have the TV and 3D Blu-Ray player, but no mention of anything else. Maybe Harvey Norman are doing the complete offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Wineman

darkside71 wrote: »
    Hi folks, Does Anyone know if any stores are doing the 3 Free Glasses and the Film still? I was in Currys at the weekend and they have the TV and 3D Blu-Ray player, but no mention of anything else. Maybe Harvey Norman are doing the complete offer?

I got mine in powercity a couple of weeks ago with the free glasses and bluray etc and the 4th pair of glasses was delivered yesterday having ordered them last week. Could be worth giving them a call.

On a seperate note call of duty:black ops is amazing in 3d!

Mine is still broken 1 week later and no idea when I will be up and running as Currys customer support is frankly shocking :mad:

Soundstore still have this deal and if I get the refund that I will demand I will purchase through them.

Leadership wrote: »
    Mine is still broken 1 week later and no idea when I will be up and running as Currys customer support is frankly shocking :mad:

Soundstore still have this deal and if I get the refund that I will demand I will purchase through them.

If you are having problems with customer support it might be a good idea to get in touch with the MD for Ireland. He's over on the Curry forum.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1333

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Currys PC World: Declan

Leadership wrote: »

Please drop me a pm with the details and I'll get someone onto it. I'd like to know what's going wrong too in terms of how we are dealing with your issue

I have a working TV again :D I wish I could edit the above post as its clear that customer service is a high priority in Currys.

Thanks Declan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

I Lost the remote of the Samsung PS50C680.Any idea where id get another one guys.or even the name of the remote if anybody has it thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

I see this deal is still on in Currys,

Is there anyone who took advantage of it that would like to give some feedback on the TV?

I'm really thinking about getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

does this model have the spider led stand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Currys PC World: Declan

It's got a four leg stand but not sure if this is what you're after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Would consider picking one up if they could do a deal on a nice netbook at the same time.... hmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭darkside71

It's got a four leg stand but not sure if this is what you're after

Hi,

Can you confirm that you have all items in Stock for this deal, like blu-ray player /glasses etc.

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement