Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SAMSUNG 50" Full HD, 3D, TV with FREE 3D Blu-ray player & 3 pairs of 3D glasses £999

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Currys PC World: Declan

darkside71 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can you confirm that you have all items in Stock for this deal, like blu-ray player /glasses etc.

Thanks
    What store are you thinking of visiting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭darkside71

What store are you thinking of visiting ?

Hi,

The Blancharstown store, thanks...

Should be fine but I've just dropped an email to the store to confirm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What is the price of this deal in Curry's at the moment?

Johner wrote: »
    What is the price of this deal in Curry's at the moment?
    € 1199 for the unit, blu ray and three glasses. There's also an offer for € 1099 with two sets of glasses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

I saw this deal in currys today, What model no is the tv they give you? harvey norman had something simular today when i was in there, im not sure if its the same package or not but the tv is the PS50C6900

Log-on wrote: »
    I saw this deal in currys today, What model no is the tv they give you? harvey norman had something simular today when i was in there, im not sure if its the same package or not but the tv is the PS50C6900
    Ours is the C680. We range the C6900 and the package price for this is € 1499 and this includes the blu ray, Shrek pack ( all packages includes this ) and a pair of glasses. Additional glasses can be had for € 89. Free delivery anywhere in the country and we'll take away all your packagaing too

http://www.currys.ie/Product/SAMSUNG-PS50C680-50andquot-Full-HD-Plasma-3D-TV/298635/339.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

wouldn't touch it with a 10ft barge pole! last telly I bought from Curry's broke after a month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

lil'bug wrote: »
    wouldn't touch it with a 10ft barge pole! last telly I bought from Curry's broke after a month!

Surely its not Currys fault the telly broke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

€ 1199 for the unit, blu ray and three glasses. There's also an offer for € 1099 with two sets of glasses.
    Additional glasses can be had for € 89. Free delivery anywhere in the country and we'll take away all your packagaing too

http://www.currys.ie/Product/SAMSUNG-PS50C680-50andquot-Full-HD-Plasma-3D-TV/298635/339.0

So you'd be better off buying the package with 2 glasses and buying an extra pair, than buying the package with 3 pairs?

• Advertisement

if harvey norman have a higher model sammy tv with the same blu ray starter kit and glasses etc, thats around a 400 euro difference in price between the same deals

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

It's deffo not the PS50C6900, that TV alone is 1500 euro in Harvey Norman

photop0.jpg

Just took a pic with the iphone and uploaded it to image shack, this is from the harvey norman specials paper they gave me yesterday, Clearly see the deal and the tv is ps50C6900

zep wrote: »

Just posted proof there

• Registered Users Posts: 23 joejoegetback

It's without the blu ray player but comes with 4 3d blu-rays
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/3d-tv/samsung/ps50c680/sams-ps50c680

the model in HN is the ps50c6900

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Went in to currys today to buy the 50 plasma 3d was looking at the led and there is no comparison in the two. Led is the best ,will save up a bit more and go for one of them or if the sales comes up with any good deals. Just one note to currys nothing but cowboys in finglas laughing and joking with each other we walked around the shop 3 times wert once offer a demo or help.

brightkane wrote: »
    Surely its not Currys fault the telly broke?

no, but they treated me like crap!
    It was a Samsung telly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Tempting.

• Advertisement

fox007 wrote: »
    Went in to currys today to buy the 50 plasma 3d was looking at the led and there is no comparison in the two. Led is the best ,will save up a bit more and go for one of them or if the sales comes up with any good deals. Just one note to currys nothing but cowboys in finglas laughing and joking with each other we walked around the shop 3 times wert once offer a demo or help.
    Appreciate the feedback. Was it the Blanchardstown Currys & PC World store in the retail Park by any chance? Not like them to be not on the ball .We don't have a store in Finglas.

lil'bug wrote: »
    no, but they treated me like crap!
    It was a Samsung telly
    Would like to know what we did wrong as we might learn something

Soarer wrote: »
    So you'd be better off buying the package with 2 glasses and buying an extra pair, than buying the package with 3 pairs?
    Was in a bit of a hurry posting this morning but that same thought did occur to me.....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Nope
    if harvey norman have a higher model sammy tv with the same blu ray starter kit and glasses etc, thats around a 400 euro difference in price between the same deals

Its the same TV in both
    zep wrote: »

Correct

Just took a pic with the iphone and uploaded it to image shack, this is from the harvey norman specials paper they gave me yesterday, Clearly see the deal and the tv is ps50C6900

That Pic is incorrect
    the model in HN is the ps50c6900

Just to clarify this guys.
    The HN deal "Says" the ps50c6900 but it is infact the C680
    There is an error in their ad.

I was in HN in Cork on Sunday and they have a sign up at the cash registers to clarify the error on their advert.

Now you could be pushy and try get the ps50c6900 but I really doubt you will get it.

I'm 100% sure of this as I have recently bought the C680 deal (From neither HN or Currys) and I was quite annyoed to have missed the HN ps50c6900 one so i checked it out to be sure.

Mik

Would like to know what we did wrong as we might learn something

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055910038

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Munurty

Did anyone buy this TV from DID recently?

I put a deposit down last friday with 12% off, got it for about €950:D

The only thing is there was no mention of the free blue ray player or the extra glasses.

I spotted an add online saying DID are running the offer see below

DID online advertisement

Samsung website

Just want to have my facts straight before I pay the balance and ask for the freebies.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Declan, is this offer still up in PC World/Currys, Carrickmines would be better to collect.

Cheers,

Advertisement