Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A record

Options
  • 08-10-2010 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi,

I purchased my domain name with blacknight and have hosting with register365

I created an A record in blacknight cp to point to the IP in the A record entry in register365 dns management screen

I know it might take a few hours to propagate but when i go to the site it displays a page with search.com banner???

Don't know whether I've configured this correctly

Thanks,
    Declan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Larsist

Give Blacknight a call. They are very helpful and will talk you through it to make sure everything is set up correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The fastest way to get this resolved is to either call us, email us or catch our staff on livechat

If you're seeing an odd webpage then it's probably pointing to the wrong IP address ..

The simplest way to use a 3rd party hosting provider is to switch the nameservers ..

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭deco_b

was onto the Nick in live support. great service all sorted now

Advertisement