Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DKIT Open Day

• 08-10-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭

Will classes be held as normal next friday or will students have the day off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

James_LWAU wrote: »
    Will classes be held as normal next friday or will students have the day off?
    Day off mong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Yeah you get a day off unless you're involved - alot of subjects need volunteers to say how great the course is and stuff - i did it last year and absolutely hated it :) - standing around in a stuffy room talking to kids sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kizzle

I heard first years don't get the day off, please say this isnt true! :(

kizzle wrote: »

Im almost positive first years get off - i did when was in first year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

kizzle wrote: »

I think someone was pulling your leg :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I'm in first year and as far as I know I'm in on Friday.

flyswatter wrote: »

It doesnt make sense that first years would be in on Friday - some of the lecturers would be away giving talks and attending the stands and people would be wandering around the classes and labs. Unless your class has to help out, you should be off - just ask a lecturer tomorrow

Ask your lecturers you have on Friday are they taking class.

I think officially it may not be a day off but most lecturers are busy or dont take classes.

draffodx wrote: »
    Ask your lecturers you have on Friday are they taking class.

I think officially it may not be a day off but most lecturers are busy or dont take classes.
    No, we're off.

Asked one of my lecturers whether we had class on Friday. She told me first year level 7 students were in. :(

• Advertisement

Asked one of my lecturers whether we had class on Friday. She told me first year level 7 students were in. :(
    Sounds very strange.
    Well i do business in 1st year and my lecturers told me there will be no classes. I'd assume its the same for all 1st Years.

It does seem very strange, what course do you do flyswatter?

It does seem very strange, what course do you do flyswatter?

Computing Level 7 incorporating three award options (Software Development, Applications and Support, Networking and Support.)

I asked a lecturer this morning just to see if everyone was off tomorrow and said they were. Unless one lecturer scheduled a lab or CA, you definitely should be off.

Or just take the day off anyways :D

Computing Level 7 incorporating three award options (Software Development, Applications and Support, Networking and Support.)

Very strange, same course as me and I definitely had the open day off. It was 5 years ago though :o

Very strange, same course as me and I definitely had the open day off. It was 5 years ago though :o

Yeah it is a bit strange alright. Apparently its just the level 7 students in tomorrow, don't know if its just level 7 computing or level 7s in general, sounds like the former to me. We usually have CA on Friday so I'll probably have to go in.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Back in my days at DKIT, some lectures still held classes on the open day. We had to ask them individually if we needed to attend. Some did and some didnt put thier class on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Doop

We have classes tomorrow...
    booooooooo

1st year enginering dept

Advertisement