Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is UPC's AUPs Cap daily or monthly?

• 08-10-2010 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm on the 30mb pack with the 250gb AUP limit. Does anyone know if they give you grief if you exceed 8gbs a day or just if you go over the monthly allowance.

Thanks (and I did search first).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

atgate wrote: »
    Hi

I'm on the 30mb pack with the 250gb AUP limit. Does anyone know if they give you grief if you exceed 8gbs a day or just if you go over the monthly allowance.

over the monthly limit, however the AUP cap of 250Gb is download and upload combined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Yes they do - i just got a letter yesterday :)
    250GB per month - rolling 30days not a calendar month

"if you continue you will be moved to broadband extreme for €80 a month - feel free to contact us with any questions"

Yeah I've a question - this BB Extreme sounds sweet :) whats the download limit on that :D haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Thanks!

Its grand. I'd never go over 250 a month (rolling or calendar) but I might do a burst over a day or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

atgate wrote: »
    Hi

What did you search ?

8gb x 31 days =248gb. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

its been said here before (and backed up with calls to UPC by some members) that they have the ability to log your usage on a rolling 30 days and also per calendar month.

i got done in February last year for January's usage and the letter did state the "for the month of January your usage was xxx", but going by the post above, I guess they changed that to a rolling 30 days since then as they had only started measuring (or rather sending out letters) that month that they wrote to me.

i've just kept my usage down to within 250gb per month since then and haven't had another letter from them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement