Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which network provider/prepay plan to get

Options
  • 08-10-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I have had a mobile phone with my job for the past 5 years. I now have to get my own 'contract'.
    I want to go prepay and want to pay around €20 a month (prepay) I am wondering if all the network provider prepay plans are much of a muchness.
    • I don't need a phone
    • I don't need internet access etc
    • Most calls I make will prob be during the day
    • My wife is on an o2 phone
    I havent had to look at this for a number of years and have been a little bit baffled by all the info etc out there,
    any advice much appreciated,
    Thanks,
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If your making calls during the day, 20 euro will hardly get you through the month.
    How many minutes and texts do you think you'll make a month excluding your wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

thanks for reply drunk monkey,
    i dont text much- maybe 2 a day and I will be using the phone fairly rarely maybe 10 mins or less a day

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I think that's the worst mistake people make when looking at a bill phone, "well all my friends are on Vodafone, so I may go with Vodafone" it's crazy logic. Should read all my friends are getting ripped off so I may join them and get ripped off as well.

My plan allows me to call who I want when I want, I would hate to live in a world where I choose who I talk to depending on what network there on. I've some friends who are very guilty of that. The only time I hear from them is when their free credit is about to expire. These are grown men ffs!!

You just need to work out how minutes in total you'll need. And then see who offers the best bang for your buck.

using 300 minutes a month rules out pre pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
Advertisement