Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on this?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Ortiz

Well it's "reduced to sell" as opposed to "priced to sit on the market for a while" so i'd say go fo it.

Sorry don't know the area that well just had to get that in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

you'd have to go for it. Put it like this - if that house was demolished now how much would it cost to rebuild it. A hell-of-a lot more than 149k. Whats the renting like in that area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

My God, I can't believe I'm about to say this...

...this place doesn't look atrociously over priced!

Sheesh, I need to lie down after that!

Fwiw, I don't know the area that well so my opinion doesn't really carry a lot of weight to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Sorry, but that's one hell of a depressing house! I'm sure you could find nicer for the same price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

poaaaibly not a bad price, by the looks of it.
    maybe someone from the area can tell you if theres something to watch out for

if there was a 3bed for sale in my area for 150k id be moving in tomorrrow

nice little crop of hash plants out the back too

• Advertisement

Sorry, but that's one hell of a depressing house! I'm sure you could find nicer for the same price.

for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

just looking at the rents in the area and they are between 900-1100... yeah it looks worth the punt i think... will wander into the area later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Research the area before you jump in OP. Some parts of Clondalkin are not nice and other parts are decent, local knowledge is a plus here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

subway wrote: »

One way to pay the mortgage, get them to throw them in for the asking price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

for example?

I find that no matter what it is if you try to build up a consensus on something you bought or are about to buy theres always an element of people out there who could easily do better than you but when it comes to the litmus test, well...still awaiting response from lilybarlean. Very applicaple to other situations you may come across in life too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Such a mess, it has to be a rental (owner-occupied would make more effort to make it look sellable in the photos). You could be stuck with a lot of work (new kitchen, definitely painting, carpets etc.) Well done at the EA for the mattresses propping up the walls in photo 4. Without all that crap it looks per

2 price drops since listing in August at 179k according to IrishPropertyWatch - seller must be very motivated.

I don't know anything about Clondalkin tho - a spin around the area this evening might help you to judge the area.

I find that no matter what it is if you try to build up a consensus on something you bought or are about to buy theres always an element of people out there who could easily do better than you but when it comes to the litmus test, well...still awaiting response from lilybarlean. Very applicaple to other situations you may come across in life too.

Apologies for the late reply, I do have a life and I'm not an Estate Agent! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

those are tomatoes - you can see them hanging off the vines

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

Xiney wrote: »
    How disappointing :(

Xiney wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I don't think the first house is a good alternative. It is a 2 bedroom mid terrace versus a 3 bed semi detached. Even if the house the OP provides a link to needed a wee bit of work to bring it up to scratch I still feel it would be a better alternative. I acknowledge that the house per the second link does indeed seem to be a good alternative. I speak based solely on the houses and do not know anything about the neighbourhoods they are in or indeed the neighbourhood in which the house that the OP has linked to is in.

Also lilybarlean apologies for my initial post and did not particularly mean it as an attack on you personally. Its just I know plenty of people out there who are far too eager to criticise and yet not very constructive in providing alternatives themselves at the same time. As I say though it wasn't intended as a personal attack on you and to be fair you did come back with something constructive. Also, I or am sure anyone else does not expect you to be in front of computer 24/7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

add cost to put in heating - storage heating is horrible.

Advertisement