Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prices to fall further - Fitch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

Extract from that webpage

Rating agency Fitch has said it expects further falls in both residential and commercial property prices in Ireland. It said it has already factored such falls into its analysis of the country's rating.

The Permanent TSB/ESRI index for the second quarter of this year suggests that Irish house prices have declined by 35.2% since their peak, but today Fitch said it believes this will likely understate the full decline.

'Fitch already assumes a 45% decline in residential values from their peak levels in its base case analysis,' the agency said.

32.5% from TSB/ESRI to 45% from Fitch.

There are areas where we are most definetly at the bottom. There are areas where there is some substantial falls to go. We all know this so what Fitch are saying isn't really something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

mrgaa1 wrote: »
    There are areas where we are most definetly at the bottom.

Please substantiate this in some form. Where, and why?

I do not believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Thanks for posting OP but hardly news all the same though...Pretty much same news we are now well familiarised with but coming from rating agency Fitch this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

There are areas where we are most definetly at the bottom. There are areas where there is some substantial falls to go. We all know this so what Fitch are saying isn't really something new.

What areas are bottom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

If you read mrgaa1's old posts you'll see he has predicted the bottom numerous times. I'm pretty sure he's an estate agent...

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 115 Verified rep PaulGogartyTD

David McWilliams says there's more a correction to come....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

I think you'll find that i've stated many, many times I'm not an estate agent. For those who need proof (probably those who live in the Dublin bubble and can't see across the M50 or think life doesn't exist outside the M50) here are some examples. I simply use DAFT, MYHOME, and keep my eyes and ears open to whats out there.

www.daft.ie/1516820
    www.daft.ie/1346517
    www.daft.ie/1490627
    www.daft.ie/1372761
    www.daft.ie/1541682
    www.daft.ie/1265107
    www.daft.ie/1433686
    http://www.myhome.ie/residential/results?maxprice=125000&types=89&sortColumn=Price

These are random samples throughout the country. So there are excellently priced homes throughout the country.

Also here is an article about spending - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11507319

I think you'll find that i've stated many, many times I'm not an estate agent. For those who need proof (probably those who live in the Dublin bubble and can't see across the M50 or think life doesn't exist outside the M50) here are some examples. I simply use DAFT, MYHOME, and keep my eyes and ears open to whats out there.

www.daft.ie/1516820
    www.daft.ie/1346517
    www.daft.ie/1490627
    www.daft.ie/1372761
    www.daft.ie/1541682
    www.daft.ie/1265107
    www.daft.ie/1433686
    http://www.myhome.ie/residential/results?maxprice=125000&types=89&sortColumn=Price

These are random samples throughout the country. So there are excellently priced homes throughout the country.

Also here is an article about spending - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11507319

Sorry, how does that prove certain areas are at the bottom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

www.daft.ie/1516820
    www.daft.ie/1346517
    www.daft.ie/1490627
    www.daft.ie/1372761
    www.daft.ie/1541682
    www.daft.ie/1265107
    www.daft.ie/1433686

About a house that in areas where people have jobs...

While those are lovely houses they are still overpriced for their location IMO.

I would expect many of thoses houses to be going for at most 90,000 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Coles

All that article shows is that we are experiencing massive emigration.

It's unlikely that house prices will stop declining when our economy is collapsing, wages are falling, taxes are rising, we have a massive deficit, no ability to devalue our currency, our national debt is exploding, a property tax is probable, water rates are imminent, we have massive unemployment, migrants are leaving, rents are falling, families are emigrating, we have 300'000 empty homes, banks aren't lending, rates can only rise, our corporation tax rate is threatened, we have no chance of medium term growth and we're governed by a collection of goons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Gaff 5 doors down the road from me sold for the asking price of €280.000

2 or so months ago, still a bit going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

bryaner wrote: »
    Gaff 5 doors down the road from me sold for the asking price of €280.000

2 or so months ago, still a bit going on.

Yeh sure it did just like the one 3 doors down from you.:rolleyes: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67209684&highlight=house#post67209684

David McWilliams says there's more a correction to come....

Sick to me teeth of that man tbh, he'd love to have us all in the nut house..

gurramok wrote: »
    Yeh sure it did just like the one 3 doors down from you.:rolleyes: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67209684&highlight=house#post67209684

Ok 3-5 doors down whatever ill give you the mans mobile if you want, I have no reason to lie and neither has he.

You believe whatever you want I'm just stating the facts that I know..

Ok 3-5 doors down whatever ill give you the mans mobile if you want, I have no reason to lie and neither has he.

You believe whatever you want I'm just stating the facts that I know..

Yeh sure. Back then there were 150 4beds available at sub 280k in Navan. Now there is 145. That house you keep trodding on about must indeed be special :rolleyes:

Yeh sure. Back then there were 150 4beds available at sub 280k in Navan. Now there is 145. That house you keep trodding on about must indeed be special :rolleyes:

Jaysus your unreal keep believing your own muck, I mentioned this house twice

and this equates trodding :rolleyes:.

Sorry for telling the truth

Sick to me teeth of that man tbh, he'd love to have us all in the nut house..

He's been right about most things, unlike nearly everyone else.

He's been right about most things, unlike nearly everyone else.

Yes I agree, but he loves doom and gloom while making plenty of cash out of it.

Whats Mam cooking this evening?

Yes I agree, but he loves doom and gloom while making plenty of cash out of it.

I don't know if I agree with that. What else is he supposed to say? Everything's grand?!

• Advertisement

Whats Mam cooking this evening?

So out of 150 4bed houses in Navan, the one that you claim is beside you sells at an asking price of 280k, not once but twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

www.daft.ie/1516820
    www.daft.ie/1346517
    www.daft.ie/1490627
    www.daft.ie/1372761
    www.daft.ie/1541682
    www.daft.ie/1265107
    www.daft.ie/1433686

Only excellently priced if they are actually selling.
    This gives no indication of the selling price.
    With an over supply of housing, limited supply of credit and high unemployment the chances are that prices have further to fall.

So out of 150 4bed houses in Navan, the one that you claim is beside you sells at an asking price of 280k, not once but twice!

I mentioned the sale of the same house twice, and yes it sold for 280k.

Are you able to cram that into your tiny skull.

I don't know if I agree with that. What else is he supposed to say? Everything's grand?!

We all know everything is not grand, just don't need it rammed down our throats 24/7/365

I mentioned the sale of the same house twice, and yes it sold for 280k.

Are you able to cram that into your tiny skull.

No need for abuse for been caught out on your ridiculous claim.

Lol it's true so you can't educate pork! Don't worry about the small skull..

Lol it's true so you can't educate pork! Don't worry about the small skull..

What? Both posts reported for personal abuse.

What? Both posts reported for personal abuse.

I'll tell mammy to. Grow up man :rolleyes:

You are saying I'm a liar which I certainly am not.

I'll tell mammy to. Grow up man :rolleyes:

You are saying I'm a liar which I certainly am not.

Where did I say you were a liar? Back that up or withdraw it.

• Advertisement

= liar

Advertisement