Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prices to fall further - Fitch

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

bryaner wrote: »
    = liar

Since when did ridiculous = liar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

gurramok wrote: »
    Since when did ridiculous = liar?

Your implying I'm lying when I have no reason nor my friend who sold his house.

Go away now I have enough of your condescending comments.

Your implying I'm lying when I have no reason nor my friend who sold his house.

Go away now I have enough of your condescending comments.

That house has been sold twice and it moved doors twice too. It magically got a high asking price of 280k when there are 150 other 4bed houses available to buy in Navan right now at sub 280k in fairly good parts of the town.

And you wonder why your claim is ridiculous?:confused::rolleyes:

That house has been sold twice and it moved doors twice too. It magically got a high asking price of 280k when there are 150 other 4bed houses available to buy in Navan right now at sub 280k in fairly good parts of the town.

And you wonder why your claim is ridiculous?:confused::rolleyes:

Lord jaysus I mentioned the same house twice that was sold once, I said 3 doors down the last time when I should have said 5 (big mistake sorry) , I was merely saying that there is a bit going on in the property market only for you to pull your guns and try and shoot me down.

I couldn't give a flying fcuk if it went for a song, I just relayed the price that I know it went for and I'm being castigated by some self righteous wannabe property expert.

Go to bed.

Oh yea :rolleyes:

Lord jaysus I mentioned the same house twice that was sold once, I said 3 doors down the last time when I should have said 5 (big mistake sorry) , I was merely saying that there is a bit going on in the property market only for you to pull your guns and try and shoot me down.

I couldn't give a flying fcuk if it went for a song, I just relayed the price that I know it went for and I'm being castigated by some self righteous wannabe property expert.

Go to bed.

Oh yea :rolleyes:

So you say its the same house that sold just the once now.

I know Navan quite a bit and your ridiculous claim of a 4bed house selling for 280k in just 2 weeks while there are 150 other fine 4beds going for less than that in the town shows you up on your claim.

• Advertisement

I know Navan quite a bit and your ridiculous claim of a 4bed house selling for 280k in just 2 weeks while there are 150 other fine 4beds going for less than that in the town shows you up on your claim.

When did I say it was sold twice ? pray tell

Lmfao thank god I'm not you, don't think I could lead my life like with such a pessimistic paranoid attitude.

Bye.

Oh yea :rolleyes::rolleyes:

When did I say it was sold twice ? pray tell
    Lmfao thank god I'm not you, don't think I could lead my life like with such a pessimistic paranoid attitude.

Bye.

Oh yea :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You said 3 doors down a few months ago and then 5 doors down tonight which ended up been the same house when you were tackled on the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

How do you know this is the price it went for? Your neighbor is hardly going to say he lost a fortune on it or sold it for half asking price and look like a muppet is he/she?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

OK guys, knock it off.

Infractions issued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Gaff 5 doors down the road from me sold for the asking price of €280.000

€280? :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I mentioned the sale of the same house twice, and yes it sold for 280k.

Are you able to cram that into your tiny skull.

1 week ban for personal abuse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

Its bad out there i been house looking for the last month all along the east coast

I thought that maybe with the prices falling maybe I should cosider to sto my usual solution rent for the last thirty odd years so I got a loan from my brother who has some cash to spare and can get credit for the rest for me

The budget for the new place is ball park ~150,000 much closer to Dublin and a lot less closer to Wexford to cover extra expenses commuting to Dublin

yes there is stuff out there and maybe with a small morgage could look at stuff in the 170 region

I looked houses from Wexford to Balbriggan

Seems to me the bottom hasnt been reached

The big problem is that appartments/ duplex huses etc are so vaugue on the levy maintince costs who own the maintinace company etc.

Then often there is alway the issues of parking and who owns what parking slot often never a number on the parking slots promises of yes there will be new car parks built after the complex is finished in the snagging process

My experice is once the builders finish the last building they exit and never build the extra car parks on the estate agents maps . I might have taken the risk to buy a few places if I saw things like the car parking slots for the two cars and a good exact plan for the levy maintinace systems such as what I have seen and experienced in normal countries like France and Germany where I lived and worked.

There is only me but there exists the possibilty for me renting a room in the place like a two bedroom place duplex or renting out the whole place if I went for contracts abroad and parking issues have got to sorted properly
    If nessary the slots might have to have anti theft bars across them which can used if parking issues break out

Me I dont always own a car so I could lend my parking out maybe for months at a time but sometimes I need space for two cars and I need to be able to be sure I can garentee my two slots if there is any disputes .
    Many disputes I have seen with freinds who live in these complexes are the three bedroom duplex have two car slots and often with renting they have three car drivers living there
    Naturaly they tend to steal your parking slots so your car risks to get parked on the open road waiting to be robbed or vandilised or worse clamped . Then there is the issue there is never enough vistor slots for things that can happen like a local party takes place so again your slots get robbed when you want to use it

Always promises of they the estate agents will supply details but they never do come back with any real hard facts just more waffle on these issues as they dont give a bugger its not thier headacke to live there

So I lose interest in that possibilty as that for me is sure sign they are hiding something bad like the maintinance company is a mess owned by builder out to fleece you with big fees once the complex is finished or even worse its gone bust and there isnt a maintinamce company to sort the issues out

Really in this glut the estate agents should now only sell properties that are completly saleable no issues turn key all issues adressed and dump the properties that are still winging it with vaugue maintinace issues insuffent parking slots etc

I only encountered one estate agency in Gorry Wexford that sort of had some idea of asking the correct questions for selling something anything and a few in north dublin that seemed to have some ideas of how to figure what the costomer wants
    Many agents are still in take it or leave it mode which works well in the upgoing prices but probably isnt a runner with these down going prices and I can be sure many viable sales have been lost in this apathetic market

Also some descriptions of houses are just out there in la la land .House requires some minor renovations to be habitable . Bloddy hell one side of the whole house can have massive risng damp and the house needs to be gutted and virtualy rebuilt would be better discription is just one of many houses that I saw out there . Its probably cheaper in some cases knock down the house and rebuild it completly .

I dont mind to bit a bit of house repainting a bit of clearing the weeds and the trees and fix a few pavement slabs get few roof tiles replaced even install an electric shower unit but i ant in the buisness of rebuilding a complete house.

I figure if the estate agents took some time off and did some lessons on how to sell stuff anything they might stop some of the slide in the property market .

Its still like buying a pig on a poke buying houses in Ireland buyer beware the old celtic traps are still littered all around Ireland and ony some few estate agents are rising to meet the challege.

It looks like to me Ireland is moving into the newwer better properties will maintain thier prices better simlar to new cars get the higher prices
    I would also expect to see more old houses torn down and completly rebuilt looking very similar but done in a more modern fashion

Most one two bed properties I looked at would be lucky to get ~50,000 in the rest of europe even in some of the bigger cities and they still might want 190.000 with the risng damp on several walls

I think we will start to see the property market break into three distinct parts fairly turn key solutions whvich maintain thier value for sheer conveince , A section where the property needs some TLC new paint or similar which is bit less in price , and very very low value rebuilds probably about ~70% of the houses for sale in ROI where it just gut the place even knock it down and start again.

Car sales people understand that market often better than many Real estate operations out there

It over the tiger which was really a jumped up alley cat wearing a moth balled tiger suit has fled the scene of the crime and there is going to have to be a complete rethink on how to sell houses in sea of houses for sale

Me I am drowning in a sea of brochures from Balbrigan to Wexford of houses most of them which should really be torn down and rebuilt to be habitable

If the price was low enough I might just do that
    I priced some wooden built houses and they could easily replace the same brick house for less than 50K take a few weeks to make and be fairly turn key but with asking prices for two bed cottages nearly derilect often asking prices excedding 150K thats not an option for me in this time , and I dont know eneough about the house rebuilding planing rules even if you makng a exact copy of the same house but made in wood

Derry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Prices have further to go precisely because buying a house in Ireland is dodgier than buying a used car.

The regulations and information simply isn't there.

Its a renters market now and people know if they don't buy, prices will fall further so why buy now when you know there is a surplus of property and prices should fall further and there is a surplus of rental properties and you can get good deals on rent?

People are being more careful with their money now and the property market is still pretending its the good old days, hoping to catch the families starting up that feel they need a house. About the only type of person buying now I imagine.

Advertisement