Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

V2 mechbox / V3 Gears....Help!!!!

• 08-10-2010 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guys, sorry if this question has been dealt with already, I had a quick look n didnt see anything alreaddy about it.

Question: My friend has a D-boys M4 which she purchased from a teammate, recently we had to do some work on the gears due to wear and tear. At the time of doin the work I was unaware of the difference between a V3 mechbox and a V2 type. The original owner always purported that he had a V3 Mechbox installed but having come across some info last nite, I realised that in fact it's a V2 mechbox.
    The problem now is, I installed systema Inf Torque V3 gears into it, Is this an ok thing to do? Or do we need to change them to V2 specific gears?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,748 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Yes the V2 & V3 gearboxes are different but they do share many common components such as the Gear sets, Piston, Piston head, Cylinder, Bearings and Main spring
    The parts that they do not share are the Cylinder head, Spring guide, Trigger switch and Motor

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pyrokasey

Ah nice one man, was panicing there for a bit, she'd beat me with it if I'd been wrong n done more damage. XD so tis all good...

Advertisement