Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooker/Hob Question

Options
  • 08-10-2010 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi,

About 3 months ago i moved into my new place. I bought all new appliances, inc electrical oven and hob. Hob and oven are both connected up to the switch on the wall as is usual. Both working fine until yesterday.
    However oven now is completely dead - and hob is working fine. When i turn on swtich at the wall nothing happens with oven, usually clock would come on and then i could select a setting/temperature etc.

As oven is not working at all it sounds to me like a fuse - does anyone know if there would be a fuse that i could change in at the back of the oven? Its a built in style oven but ive no problem taking it out and repairing if i can.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

The electrician may have put a fused connection unit behind the oven as he may have used a smaller cable to feed the oven.

The cable in the wall is probably 6 or 10 mm2, and the oven only requires 2.5 probably.

If this is the case, then it's just a matter of replacing a 13A fuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Beezkneez!

Cheers - Thats what I'm hoping and if its just that sure i'm laughin!

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Hopefully, but mightn't be that at all or mightn't be done like that at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yes if its not that then the problem could be a connection gone,

There could be a fuse spur or similar behind oven alright with fuse gone, or maybe even a socket (not the right way) fed from the cooker switch in which case the oven plug fuse could be gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭ntpm

Word of advice.
    The hob may have been wired from your cooker switch but I have seen some ovens fed from a separate socket circuit as they only need 13Amp supply.

This may be the case as your hob seems to be working.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ntpm wrote: »
    Word of advice.
    The hob may have been wired from your cooker switch but I have seen some ovens fed from a separate socket circuit as they only need 13Amp supply.

This may be the case as your hob seems to be working.

sounds unlikely-from reading his post

Advertisement