Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Zero Configuration problem

Options
  • 08-10-2010 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right spot for the question, but here goes.

Everytime I boot my laptop, my wireless zero configuration stops and so I cannot connect to the internet. I have to then manually go into run... system 32.. etc. to find wireless zero configuration, switch it back on, and then everything is fine again.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Really becoming a headache now.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I would think that there is some third-party program that's starts when you start Windows that's causing the Wireless Zero Configuration program to stop.

For Windows XP, click on the Start button and then Run. Type in msconfig and click on OK.

For Windows Vista and 7, click on the Start button and type msconfig into the search box.

When msconfig appears click on the Startup tab. Uncheck the box for the first item in the list and click on OK. Restart your computer and see if the Wireless Zero Configuration stops again. If it doesn't then open msconfig again, click on the Startup tab and check the first item in the list, and uncheck the second item in the list.

Restart the computer and repeat for all the items in the list. If the Wireless Zero Configuration starts all right then the item you've unchecked is the one that's causing problems.

Let us know how you get on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Do you have another wireless manager installed? If you installed wireless software that came with the card, there may be a conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Sounds like a conflict, quick trick I used before delete the wireless drivers, restart and the PnP function will trigger a reinstall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sohcahtoa

Mike... wrote: »
    Sounds like a conflict, quick trick I used before delete the wireless drivers, restart and the PnP function will trigger a reinstall

Please clarify.

Advertisement