Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Le Tissier or Kuyt?

• 08-10-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭

One's a technically brilliant but lazy waster. The other's a dynamic workhorse with the touch of a rapist. Who do you want in your team?

Who do you want in your team? 108 votes

Le Tissier
    0%
    Dirk Diggler
    76%
    [Deleted User]PHBSeanehpickarooneyHelixCorben DallasThe RoosterKingp35keano_afcSoulessBrando_ieapplehunterwhatawasterd22ontourmikemacorourkedatap28adoxlooderhomerjay2005 83 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    23%
    tiborDont be at yourselfsuper_furryefbyom 1cruiserweightLister1Reganio 2redzerdrogdfx-el dudeSir Gallaghereagle eyejethro081mrgaa1Nuri SahinDiabhal Beagdaveyboy_1ie8-10Rob113 25 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Dirk Diggler
    Le Tissier.

Legend.

Dirk.

Legend.

I'll take atari jaguar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Whats up with all these stupid comparison 'who's better' threads? can we not just lump them all into one thread?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Le Tissier, just for his appearances on Countdown. He came out with these earlier on this week:
    (here)
    "I would often be found on the way to training at the McDonald's drive through with a few sausage and egg mcmuffins."

"And a few years later when a dietician was brought in, she made me keep a diary of what I ate, and I was very honest, and when she read it, her jaw dropped and she asked me: "How are you a professional footballer?"."

And his manager rang up the local kfc once and told them:

"If Le Tissier comes in and orders the bucket for two, make sure he has a friend with him."

:pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Dirk Diggler
    The lazy one wins every time. Fair play to Kuyt for busting a gut every time he plays but I'd much rather pay to see Le Tiss than Kuyt. It's a bit like asking if you would like to see the work of Rembrandt or Michelangelo or your local (admittedly hard working) painter and decorator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Whats up with all these stupid comparison 'who's better' threads? can we not just lump them all into one thread?.

This ^^

Is there some "in joke" that a heap of us have obviously missed? These stupid threads are spamming up the front page

• Advertisement

Dirk Diggler
    Essien wrote: »
    This ^^

Is there some "in joke" that a heap of us have obviously missed? These stupid threads are spamming up the front page

I would have thought it was part and parcel of a football discussion forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Atari Jaguar
    Its very hard to gauge how good Le Tiss was but we do know that Kuyt is world class so it has to be him imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Dirk Diggler
    eagle eye wrote: »
    we do know that Kuyt is world class so it has to be him imo.

When was that decided?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Dirk Diggler
    Le Tissier wins easily, or was that not the joke?

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Dirk Diggler
    Its very hard to gauge how good Le Tiss was but we do know that Kuyt is world class so it has to be him imo.

Must be a joke, I mean that's the funniest thing in a while, world class, hahaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Dirk Diggler
    has to be a joke le tissier is one of my favourite footballers of all time absolute legend im insulted that kuyt is even in the same sentence as him:mad::)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Dirk Diggler

You must have a rather liberal definition of world class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Dirk Diggler
    World class is used often for my liking every second player is world class nowadays.
    Le tissier without doubt .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Le Tiss was not a waster. The OP is an idiot.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Dirk Diggler
    Idiotic comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Anyone that has to ask never saw Le Tisseur play.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Dirk Diggler
    I wouldn't mind, but Kuyt is an awful ****e player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

if it came down to looks it would be a closer contest :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Dirk Diggler
    Le Tissier may have been a feckless junk-food conisseur, but he was damn awesome!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Atari Jaguar
    I'd only vote for Le Tissier if it was to be ban him from Sky Sports..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Ah Le Tessier, always have to wonder what he could've done if he'd tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Dirk Diggler
    DB10 wrote: »

First you say Keane is shíte compared to Viera and now Kuyt is shíte. Bloody hell and I thought the soccer forum was for people who actually watched soccer.

Le Tiss btw. Le Tissier was a class act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Dirk Diggler
    Kuyt isn't even good enough to flick up a ball from a free kick for Le God,let alone bang one in,stupid poll

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Le Tissier, genius. Kuyt couldn't win this one, it's Le Tis. It just is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Atari Jaguar
    Le Tissier is the most over rated player in the history of world football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

You could also put up a poll comparing a goalkeeper and a leftback and ask who is the best.

On Le Tissier... awesome player. Single reason why Southampton managed to stay in the PL all that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

You're on a roll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

tbh, I actually don't think its as clear cut as it seems at first glance. I think it comes down to what your team is.

For most teams, it would be Le Tiss, as his moments of magic win games which the rest of the team simply wouldn't be able to.

If you have a really top class team already, however, I would go with Kuyt. He's a serious big game player and allows other excellent players to do their business with his tireless efforts making up in tracking back and always works for the team, where you might see le Tiss actually hinder a proper top quality team with his lack of workrate and penchant for going it alone. Kuyt's never going to be a superstar, but he's the type of player every great team needs - teams can't get by at the top with flair alone (take barca for example, despite all their flair, when they're at their best, their workrate is as high as anyones in pressing and winning the ball back). Lets not forget Kuyt has played in Champions League and World Cup finals, and was a vital part of both teams progression to those finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Dirk Diggler
    What is this even a poll?

Le Tiss, Man is a five star legend/genius enuff said.

Kuyt is a good player(who only scores when its important).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Dirk Diggler
    Le Tissier, any day of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Atari Jaguar
    Depends if you prefer effective footballers or a big fish in a small pond. Le Tissier had oodles of skill but it was never properly utilized. Sure he scored some classics but I have severe doubts whether he would have been successful at a good team. It also must be remembered that he played in one of the worst eras in English football. It did not take too much to stand out.

At a top team where more than just the occasional flash of brilliance is required, he may have struggled. He has said as much in interviews. He was happy at Southampton, so I don't begrudge him that, but he has severe questions about his overall use. There are very good reasons why several different players were chosen ahead of him for England.

As for Kuyt, every winning team (and Liverpool :D) could use somebody like him in the team. He is brilliantly effective when he has good players around him. He is similar to Park Ji Sung or Claude Makelele, they are great players to have in a squad. He is very limited but is far more likely to play in a successful team than somebody like Le Tissier. I would much prefer a shelf full of medals and to have made appearances on the biggest stages in football than a video on You Tube showing flashes of brilliance. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Dirk Diggler
    One of the oddest comparison of players I think I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Atari Jaguar
    orourkeda wrote: »
    One of the oddest comparison of players I think I've ever seen.

I imagine the OP is asking whether we would prefer limited, hard working effective players or creative/skillful hit and miss players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Dirk Diggler
    What is this even a poll?

Le Tiss, Man is a five star legend/genius enuff said.

Kuyt is a good player(who only scores when its important).

Ya say that like it's a bad thing.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Dirk Diggler
    Matt Le Tiss is probably the best player I've ever seen in the flesh. A footballing architect and someone who I'd have loved England to have built a team around rather than keep on the periphery. I think it was Mich Channon who summed it up best when he said there'd be another David Beckham, another Kevin Keegan and another Bryan Robson but there will never be another Matthew Le Tissier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Play them together.

The most terrifyingly ugly forward duo outside of Dowie and Beardsley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Dirk Diggler
    I'd take Le Tiss over almost any player.

He might have been lazy and had a horrible diet, but what a player.
    Just imagine if the lad ate properly and looked after himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Dirk Diggler
    Le Tiss for me, id take the flash, creative player over the work horse like Kuyt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Dirk Diggler
    Don't see how these two could even be compared. You might as well start a thread between Eric Cantona and Peter Shmeichel while you're at it. Anyway for me Le Tissier ranks alongside Dennis Bergkamp as one of the two most gifted players to have graced the premier league, so it's a no-contest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Atari Jaguar
    amacachi wrote: »
    Ah Le Tessier, always have to wonder what he could've done if he'd tried.

This. How many caps did Le Tissier get? Kuyt at least got to play in a world cup final.

(Since the question is "who do you want in your team" I want the guy who works for his team)

Dirk Diggler
    ciaranmac wrote: »
    This. How many caps did Le Tissier get? Kuyt at least got to play in a world cup final.

(Since the question is "who do you want in your team" I want the guy who works for his team)

Work effort and commitment is all very well, but Le Tissier was special and could do amazing things with a football that Kuyt could only dream of.

Advertisement