Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seriously injured pidgion.

Options
  • 08-10-2010 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hey all, found this pidgion at the steps of my terrace. Afraid the little psycho kids accross the road will spot it, I've taking it into my back graden.
    It appears to have a serious injury, possibly a broken neck; as it will not move from this position:
    Put it down, or try and help? (It's twitching violently.)
    If there are no replies shortly I'm going to put it down, as I don't think it can be saved. I'd like to be proved wrong though.

IMG_2103_1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

Uncalled for.Infraction issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 theelous3

I found it in cabra, no way I'm eating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,654 ✭✭✭Milly33

Uhh the poor bird. I would think to put it down it looks like his neck is terrible injured. Im no vet but If he is twitching and not moving.. Bring him to a nearby Vet if you can and ask or animal welfar place..Your very kind for rescueing him

Well, he's been there for a good few hours now as I've heard from a neighbour. No access to a vet at the moment. Guess this is it.
    Say goodbye to pidgy :-(

(It's a shame, I nursed one back to health last year and it still comes back everyday :-P )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,654 ✭✭✭Milly33

theelous3 wrote: »
    Well, he's been there for a good few hours now as I've heard from a neighbour. No access to a vet at the moment. Guess this is it.
    Say goodbye to pidgy :-(

(It's a shame, I nursed one back to health last year and it still comes back everyday :-P )

Have you tried to move his neck you would nearly feel it,it does look very nasty though...

good luck with your decision,

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    Have you tried to move his neck you would nearly feel it,it does look very nasty though...

good luck with your decision,

I did, little guy freaked. It wouldn't move to the opposite side without him going absolutely crazy.

At least he went at the hands of someone who cared, instead of the feet of someone who doesn't.
    Was painless.
    Now he can grow into sun flowers :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Ah poor thing. You did the right thing, he didnt look in a good way judging by that pic. Pigeons get a raw deal...i think theyre lovely birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Poor fella, if any more turn up try wildlifematters.ie and most vets will treat wildlife for free. Pidgeons get a hard time esp. in cities and they poop everywhere but I think they are a great little bird lovely little characters.

Advertisement