Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spyder CCTV Cameras - IP Surveillance Camera with Angle Control and Motion Detection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 thedevils

Looking into the same, I use a app at the minute called Vitamin D, with a high end webcam, It only records when something moves on screen, I am using the free version at the moment, but you can create rules and stuff.there is a youtube site that shows you a tutorial.

really good, still have not sorted a proper IP camera out though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭net4hack

Dont buy this ip camera. My first one broke and the seller gave me a new one as replacement. Picture clarity is not good. Also if any one want to buy an ip cam go for one with a good wide angle. In my case I am not able to put it up outside the house due to management company restrictions. I have to keep it inside the house behind a glass window focusing outwards.

I find the following more interesting due to sony ccd

http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/ip-camera-with-sony-super-had-ccd-alarm-and-motion-detection/

But have to think twice as the seller is in china, customs clearance, customer support etc.
    thedevils wrote: »
    Looking into the same, I use a app at the minute called Vitamin D, with a high end webcam, It only records when something moves on screen, I am using the free version at the moment, but you can create rules and stuff.there is a youtube site that shows you a tutorial.

really good, still have not sorted a proper IP camera out though

I was actually looking for a standalone security camera rather than leaving my computer switched on all the time. Adv of a stand alone one are features like motion detection and auto sending of pictures to emails you specify , ftp upload etc. This would be really usefull when you are holidays etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 thedevils

I reagards to the stand alone one that you are using what is make and model you ended up with.?

I think it is a cloned version of the Foscam IP Camera. It doesnt have a name on it. Was not expecting this from the company. They gave the exact model as replacement.

Just to add the activex control required for the ipcam to work in Internet Explorer is a very hard nut to crack, which is required for the avi recording function to work. So i have to create a restore point in windows and had to roll back several times trying different IE setting before i eventually succeeded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 RYBO

Hi can you give me more info on what area you will be monitoring (ie.home,Business,indoor,outdoor) also what lighting conditions are at site. See link below for good all round ptz ip camera you should expect to pay between 200-250 euro hope this helps.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6918/ps9692/ps9944/ps9948/data_sheet_c78-504108.html

• Advertisement

It is my home. It is a well lit estate. So no low light problem. The main problem is bec of Management company restriction I cannot put it on the wall or outside the house. So I have to keep it inside the house near a window facing outwards. And since glass has glare problem its placement isvey important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

Did anybody else think of DJ spider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 RYBO

Hi if you have to locate camera inside your window don’t go for infra-red you will have IR reflection from the glass also position the none IR camera as close to the glass as possible to avoid reflection from lighting sources in the room. Also consider there might be condensation on the glass at different times of day obscuring your image. One thing to consider is the purpose of the camera and what you hope to observe. A PTZ camera is good if you have time to monitor and correct the angle and zoom of the camera. One of the short comings of a PTZ camera is it might be looking at the wrong place at the wrong time. You might consider having 3 static cameras looking at different angles to achieve what you want for the same price as a PTZ.Please pm me if you are having a particular problem and hopefully I can offer some advice.

Nice selection. But too pricey for home use!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 IdeaWorld

Hi Everybody
    I know this post is a bit old now but please be advised that this company seems to be not genuine anymore.
    I have purchased a camera on their website on Tuesday hoping it will arrive on Friday. I rang them on Friday and discovered that the camera wasn't even shipped yet. I asked to cancel the order and for money back. It is few weeks now since then and no sign of money.
    Be good

• Advertisement
Advertisement