Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with high gravity reading?

Options
  • 08-10-2010 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

hello all,
    bit of prob am brewing a coopers irish stout at the mo being going around a week.took a sample its at 1020.I had the same problem with my last batch of sparkling ale couldnt get it down so i bottled anyway and im drinking it at the mo its fine bit sweet but grand.I left the sparkiling ale 3weeks in the fermenter to give it a chance to go down but the yeast went sleepy so to save this problem with my stout s there anything i can do to prevent this or get the yeast kick started again?i heard adding a yeast nutrient with the yeast helps?the airlock is going every 30secs..... didnt bother taken a reading with the hydrometer before i pitched the yeast i no i might have to leave it another while but im planning for the worst if the hydrometer reading doesnt come down
    any tips advice be great thanks:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

If you think your yeast has gone to sleep, gently rousing it with a sanitised spoon can wake it up again and get it down an extra few gravity points.

Advertisement