Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone done the FETAC VTOS Intro to Nursing course?

Options
  • 08-10-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

If so, what was it like and what were the assignments like for each subject?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

sambora wrote: »
    If so, what was it like and what were the assignments like for each subject?

I did it a few years ago it didnt help me one bit hopefully will be nurising next year as a mature student. Useless course

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

I did this course last year & I found it highly beneficial. Education is never a waste of time. It gave me an insight into nursing through work experience & the tutors are registered nurses so have a world of experience.
    I found that when I applied to nursing through mature entry the interview panel were very interested in my experiences through my FETAC course & kept coming back to that & veering away from my scenarios. I probably should have had all my scenarios based around the work experience because in every scenario they wanted me to draw on my hospital experience.
    I got through & I am studying nursing now, I am finding now that alot of what I covered last year in the pre nursing course is coming up in the first year nursing modules, this allows me to focus my attention on newer modules.
    As for assignments, the tutors seem to have alot of time for the students as the classes are smaller & allow you to submit a draft, this way you can submit exactly what they're looking for if you know what I mean. It's very doable & I would recommend it.
    If you are planning to apply for next year I would advise applying to the nursing degree also, you do not need pre nursing to do nursing but if you could get onto a course this year I would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,357 ✭✭✭✭looksee

A friend did the course and as a direct result, because she had had work experience, got a place in an English university with a bursary. Most people who do it find it a useful route into third level.

Advertisement