Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Ennis

• 08-10-2010 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Looking for a little advice, thing is I want to sign up to a broadband package but I am fairly clueless when it comes to these things , I want unlimited broadband and want it to be fairly quick, considering paying 30/40 euro a month tops. Any recommendations please?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

bb in ennis is sh1te, if your lucky your line might be able get eircom ngb "unlimited" broadband at speed "up to" 8 mb costs 62 a month, good chance your line wont be able get this !

no upc, or digiweb metro in ennis,

for 30/40 euros no wait....for 42 euros you can get 1mb broadband and a very generous download allowance of 10 gigs !! deal of the century

the rest is made up of "mid band" broadband, o2,3,meteor usb broadband etc, not worth a toss really, if you want proper internet

I had the 7mb package from eircom, it was fairly good and reliable, always got full speeds, but a complete rip off at 62 a month also

you wont get anything for what your willing to pay, if you want fast and unlimited etc..

irish broadband have a unlimited wireless service, a little dish on your roof, 4mb up/down for 55 a month,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Same as iPwnage, got eircoms 7mb unlimited deal (unlimited is actually 250GB) and costs €62 which is a ****ing rip off.

Its a sickener because Shannon gets UPC but Ennis doesnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Ive got Next generation plus free phone(for 10 months) 40 or 41 a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Vodafone is the best deal in Clare sure.

Ideal Broadband Package - €52 a month - 8 meg connection - 120GB download allowance

Thats all they offer in Clare, but in Dublin they have the fibre connections and you can get the Ultimate package which is €62 a month - but 24 meg connections.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Imagine WiMax is in Ennis - www.imagine.ie

Probably one of the cheapest with mobile broadband beside them. Eircom again, I would prefer not to be friends with, Ai Bridges/ripplecom for those in remote areas.

Yes, in some places, mobile is completely and utterly SH***

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 iquitalready

CptSternn wrote: »
    Vodafone is the best deal in Clare sure.

Ideal Broadband Package - €52 a month - 8 meg connection - 120GB download allowance

Thats all they offer in Clare, but in Dublin they have the fibre connections and you can get the Ultimate package which is €62 a month - but 24 meg connections.

I'm in Ennis and have the Ultimate Broadband + Talk Anytime package. 24MB broadband (syncs at 20MB but am about 2 miles from the exchange, perfectly acceptable), 300GB cap, free local and national calls and free calls to 3 nominated Vodafone mobile numbers. Outside of UPC, that's as good a deal as you'll get anywhere else in the country. I've had a few issues with them but they've been minor and am overall satisfied with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭travispickle8

Sorry I posted another thread on this,
    Can anyone tell me what BB you use in the Ennis/Clarecastle area for Xbox live or other and is it any good ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

I've used eircom on ps3 no problems once you setup up your router correctly either putting poXbox :-p in routers DMZ or port forward correctly you'll be fine, ping and upload speed are more important then download when it comes to gaming, you'd want atleast 500k up if you want to be able host, but you'll be able play okay no problems on half of that or less,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Pings can be really hit and miss with eircom, though since they have upgraded to "NGB" there has been a massive improvement.

Standard eircom router kept dropping the connection and kept getting disconnected from PSN but I thought it was faulty so purchased a Belkin. Everything going smoothly now

Advertisement