Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need to get the back waxed

• 08-10-2010 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭

Anybody got any info/prices/recomendation on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 destinybabe

Is laser hair removal an option for you?It can have great results if you can afford it & you're dark haired it'll last almost permanently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Mr Marri

Is laser hair removal an option for you?It can have great results if you can afford it & you're dark haired it'll last almost permanently.

Hi destinybabe, yes I'd thought about laser, but (and this is going to sound weird) I'm very slowly getting hairier, so I'd have to keep going back to get the new arrivals zapped. Ah! it's great being a man :D.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

Got waxed for charity before so this is more advise on the waxing rather than price, recommendation, etc.

Ex-foliate beforehand was the advise given to us and it actually made the afterwards part grand. That is, we had no in-grown hairs or anything like that.

The pain, wasn't that bad, if that's any use to you as well. Back is tough enough skin compared to armpits, etc. so it's actually reasonably ok, it's just going to be boring as it'll take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭carlaboi

Mr Marri wrote: »
    Anybody got any info/prices/recomendation on this?

Any salon that does womens waxing will usually do men as well. Shouldnt cost you more than €40 - €60 for full back however it depends on how hairy you are. If this is your first time tell them, as its best that they do a patch test first otherwise you might have a bad reaction ie: breakout in spots, bad rash etc. I go to urban wax on Suffolk st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭La frog fairy

I would recommend Brazilia on St William street, they only do waxing so cant be wrong

The girl i always get tells me all the time that plenty of guys come for their back, some for legs and even bikini

Must be discreet cause i never saw any in the waiting room.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies guys (and girls).

I actually thought I get loads of info as I had been thinking this was fairly common. I can't be the only part man part ape out there? can I.

So what do all the rest of you's (hair people) do?

Or is it a case of what you can't see won't hurt you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Surely your better off just going all out & getting laser hair removal? Waxing is a temporary solution. The hair will always grow back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I'm off the same thinking as you Mr Marri, I'm only going to get hairier so no point in splashing out on laser hair removal at this stage. Maybe in a number of years only 26 now. So looking at getting a waxing done myself.

I did try one of those home jobs but was fairly crap I thought. I am considering trying hair removal cream, but in the end will probably just have to bite the bullet and get it waxed.

Sorry can't offer any advice but I will be watching this space.

Going to give grafton barbers a go, 20 euro for a half back.

Advertisement