Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School homework has 'no real benefit'

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

look homework is bull im 13 and my teacher spends half the class correcting homework you all know when your in school you never did homework somedays i feel like stabbing my teachers because of all the homework

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Article from Sunday Business Post by Jennifer O'Connell echoing my belief that homework for under 12's is cruel and unnecessary.

Am a big fan of her work :)

Also here is news from the Irish Primary Principals' Network (IPPN)

"Tens of thousands of schoolchildren have reason to cheer. Irish primary principals have finally admitted that homework is a waste of time.

All those hours spent toiling on sums and Irish vocabulary, with accompanying high-pitched grumbles to parents, are futile, if we are to believe the Irish Primary Principals' Network (IPPN).

The IPPN told last Thursday's Oireachtas Committee on Education: "There is little evidence to suggest that homework as we currently know it has any real benefit.''"
    source = independent.ie ( not a big fan of their work :) )

Advertisement