Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why No Rock Band Unplugged 2?

Options
  • 08-10-2010 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

HMV in the UK spent most of last week giving Rock Band Unplugged away for the PSP. They were selling the game, brand new, for £4 and advertised the title among their main posters in shop windows.

From what I was told, the game sold like hot cakes (I myself bought a copy and went back to the same store to buy one for a friend, taking the last copy - two days previous there had been 15 copies in stock according to the sales assistant), and having being released to generally positive reviews in June 2009 I am very surprised to hear no sign of a follow up.

Surely, given the fact that the PSP was able to completely ignore the clip on accessory required for the portable versions of Guitar Hero on the DS and still present an excellent and enjoyable experience, why has the game stalled?

In November 2009 the DLC reached it's end with the last pair of tunes released that were compatible on the format. In March 2010 the PSN released a lite version of the game, featuring 5 tracks, for a special price - with the tracklist available for expansion upon download.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wouldn't hold my breath for it in the near future, HMX are focusing on an as yet unnamed 3DS project and (sucks for psp users) Rock band 3 for the DS which looks suspiciously like the sequel to RB:U you want.

I have no love for nintendo at all but amazes me that they can release a new game for the DSi and not the PSP? I mean even RB: on the Iphone is playable with out a peripheral, mind you both that and the DS have touch screen tech so there in could be the reason :confused:

Edit: Whoooooooo hang on a sec, check this out

The DS makes no use of touch tech so it plays the same as the psp version so I can't honestly see a reason why no psp version of RB3 what ever about unplugged 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

DS outsells PSP... That's about it from what I can make out.

It said Pro Mode in that video - how is that gonna work without the touch screen tech? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I assume it's because PSP is on its last legs. I too picked up Unplugged cheap in HMV, it's a great game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Unplugged really is such a good game, one of the few games that made the best use out of the PSP hardware. If the DS version of RB3 is indeed anything like that, I'd be delighted.

Only problem I had with Unplugged was the recycled setlist, and the need to repurchase DLC (I made do with only a handful of essentials!). But it's definitely one of the better portable music games: a genre that thrives on DS (Ouendan and Taiko no Tatsujin being two favourites) but is fairly quiet on PSP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement