Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S

• 08-10-2010 5:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hey guys

I am thinking of getting the samsung galaxy s on Meteor Bill. I have been searching around info on the phone and it looks like its overflowing when it comes to the tech specs. I was about to get it but I am starting to get put off by some of the people's comments on it. I heard some complaints about the GPS mapping and that it has crashes alot. The official reviews are all good about it but when it comes to people's opinions it's pretty divided. A lot of people like it and a few people complain it doesn't work properly. I love the phone, its screen, all the features, it's perfect for me I'm just worried about its reliability.
    So what are your opinions on it.
    Do I have a reason to be worried or should I just go out and buy it.
    And oh does anyone know if the samsung gps mapping that comes with it is free? or if it requires a network connection?

Thanks alot :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

@OP, Any good reasons for starting a new thread instead of using the still very active original thread for this handset?

Put simply, it is a beast of a phone that requires a bit of patience and understanding to tame it. Excellent hardware specs, but a not-so-stable and laggy UI and firmware at the moment and still waiting for the latest official android OS version (Froyo)

If you need a handset that is Android based and stable, go for a HTC Desire. If you are willing to wait and enjoy a better experience in terms of experimenting with a your android smartphone, SGS fits in the bill (just my opinion!)

The GPS mapping in android is based on Google Maps/Navigation which is pretty good and not proprietary. You can also download 'RMaps' which is more customizable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

Sorry I just rushed in I didn't see that thread.

Thanks for the suggestions/info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I have the phone, I have no problem with the UI or phone. It is well worth it, best phone I have ever had, absolutely love it.

Well worth it in my opinion :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

angel01 wrote: »
    I have the phone, I have no problem with the UI or phone. It is well worth it, best phone I have ever had, absolutely love it.

Well worth it in my opinion :)

+1

I have it 2 weeks now and love it. Not a techno geek by any means but spend hours on it every evening, it has replaced my laptop for surfing the net. Great if you have WiFi. I'm not sure about how much of the packet data is used with GPS though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

Thanks guys for your opinions. I think I might just grab one of these over the weekend :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement