Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audio Cable needed from Laptop to TV.Which one?

• 08-10-2010 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

I got the HDMI cable working between my laptop and the TV.

I now require an audio cable so that I can get the sound from my laptop to my TV.

Does anyone please know the name of the cable I need or have a link to one?

Many thanks in advance.

Enjoy the weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Mathiasb

Probably the usual 3.5mm stereo jack > 2x RCA (phono)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Hifi Keith

Thats probably the best option as some laptop HDMI's only carry picture not sound as the soundcard isn't high spec, check your audio settings first though may be able to go via HDMI

Can sometimes get a slight lag this way though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

sorry for (half) hijacking tread...:) but where no HDMI on laptop, what way can I connect it to my Sony TV to get Picture/sound from laptop onto TV...(to watch free Setanta soccer from eircom..)

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Mathiasb

sorry for (half) hijacking tread...:) but where no HDMI on laptop, what way can I connect it to my Sony TV to get Picture/sound from laptop onto TV...(to watch free Setanta soccer from eircom..)

thanks

Video out from laptop (vga, dvi, s-video, component, composite) and audio out (3.5mm most probably) into tv.

Advertisement