Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car parking charge at Tullan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sligogringo

OP you are right - poor facilities, now they just see a revenue stream...and €2 is not cheap either.

I discussed this issue with a friend of mine who had recently returned from Australia - he told me what the aussies did when the council installed parking meters at a certain local surfing break...they would constantly jam the coin slot with bars of surf wax so nobody could use the machines, eventually the council just gave up.

Obviously I don't condone such behaviour...but i'm just sayin!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭AnonymousPrime

Obviously I don't condone such behaviour...but i'm just sayin!

Ordinarily I would totally condone such a behavior, but I think €2 is quite reasonable. And the flat fee means you won't have to be rushing out of the water to feed the meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Ordinarily I would totally condone such a behavior, but I think €2 is quite reasonable.

Only if they re-invest the takings back into the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

exactly, all monies generated from this should go directly to the area...

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭I dont know

If the money raised is used to provide facilities, it wouldn't be the worst thing, but it probably wont be.
    I just see this as a way of taxing surfers.

• Advertisement

Read the article. The money will be used to re-coup council losses because the government has started taxing their current setup

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Low Pockets

Iv heard they've given parking permits to the image conscious locals.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Read the article. The money will be used to re-coup council losses because the government has started taxing their current setup

Get your facts right, a private car park operator took the government to the european court over the fact that the county councils don't pay vat on parking fees. He won is case and the county councils are forced to pay vat on parking and other income they generate

rodento wrote: »
    Get your facts right, a private car park operator took the government to the european court over the fact that the county councils don't pay vat on parking fees. He won is case and the county councils are forced to pay vat on parking and other income they generate

I had my facts right and I repeat:
    The money will be used to re-coup council losses because the government has started taxing their current setup

Where is the problem with that?

Advertisement