Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boardman Team Comp or Trek 1.5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

If I was you I'd find someone who has insurance with AXA (if you don't) to avail of the 15% discount they offer in Halfords & buy the Boardman.

Edit: I think I read on another thread that the Boardman Team is now obsolete & the Boardman site says it's out of stock so you might want to check!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭mookie2007

Cheers thief.

I was in halfords during the week and they have it on display and in stock. (Grey one)

I saw on the website alright it is out of stock but they must have got a final supply in recently before the new models hit halfords.

So you can get the discount with someone else's axa insurance? Surely they have a way of checking?

Be well worth it €155 off.

mookie2007 wrote: »
    So you can get the discount with someone else's axa insurance? Surely they have a way of checking?

I bought a Boardman Team Carbon about 3 months ago using my fathers Axa policy number. I printed off a sheet from the Axa website, wrote in the policy number & handed it in when paying for the bike & I got the 15% discount!

By the way the spec of the Boardman Team is better than the Trek you linked to so it's also a better bike for less money!

Cheers thief.

If i could get that discount i would probably go for the team carbon myself? Would there be much of a difference between the team carbon and the road team bar the obvious carbon frame versus aluminium frame. I notice the specs are exactly the same groupset wise and there is only half a pound difference weight wise.

Anyway how do you find the team carbon personally?

Would there be much of a difference between the team carbon and the road team bar the obvious carbon frame versus aluminium frame.

I remember comparing the two bikes when I was looking at the Team Carbon. If memory serves me correct the stem, handlebars & seat post are also slightly higher spec on the TC. Everything else is pretty much like for like.
    Anyway how do you find the team carbon personally?

It's my first road bike so I can't really compare to any other bikes but I'm really pleased with it.
    It's light, stiff & fast. It really takes off when you put the hammer down.
    The riding position is quite low particularily in the drops. I'm slim with a pretty flexible back so I don't find it uncomfortable but if your a bigger build you might.
    If you get it I would suggest you upgrade the brake pads straight away because the pads which come on the Tektro brake calipers are awful. I fitted a pair of Koolstop Salmons which made a huge difference to the braking performance.
    The SRAM double tap gear shifters are easy to get use to and the gear changing is smooth & precise.
    I've only clocked up around 1,500km to date but so far so good. No probs yet (touch wood!).

If you can afford it & you're sure you'll use it often enough to justify spending a bit more, I'd say go for the Carbon.

• Advertisement

Cheers thief for all the advise. Ill take it all on board.

I am slim too and have no back problems so don't think the position would be a problem.

God was over in halfords in blanch yesterday and Coolock this morning. The Team carbon was €1,300 in blanch but was €1,500 in Coolock in the retail park. Was very surprised. I presumed prices would be the same in all halford's stores but evidently not.

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Hi,
    They had a sale on last week and it was reduced to the 1349 saw the team in Blanch it is a small and prob the only one in the country.
    Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Just to throw in my two penneth, a mate of mine just bought this.

A lot of bike for only €870, nice looking too.

Just to throw in my two penneth, a mate of mine just bought this.

A lot of bike for only €870, nice looking too.

I presume though shimano 105 is not in the same league as sram rival

Advertisement