Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat Earth Proved!!!

Options
  • 08-10-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

Dearest Mods,
    although you may feel this would be more in place in the Christianity or Atheist forum, I really think that neither of them would want anything to do with it. Also, if it's already been posted, delete it. I couldn't find anything in the search.

Anyway, here's three little experiments you can do in your own home to prove once and for all that the earth is flat. I must say, I was skeptical but after reading the Lionel Ritchie comment in post 7, I was sold :pac:

Are there really people like this around?!? Boggles the mind :eek:

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=45427

edit: seems to be a písstake, sorry about that. I usually don't fall for these so easily but all the posters seem to have huge numbers of posts? Still funny though!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

P1ss off.....holy **** it works

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Morons!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Dearest Mods,
    although you may feel this would be more in place in the Christianity or Atheist forum, I really think that neither of them would want anything to do with it. Also, if it's already been posted, delete it. I couldn't find anything in the search.

Anyway, here's three little experiments you can do in your own home to prove once and for all that the earth is flat. I must say, I was skeptical but after reading the Lionel Ritchie comment in post 7, I was sold :pac:

I do believe thats a satirical website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I really do wish it was legal to kill idiots (aka creationists).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I do believe thats a satirical website.

I would hope so.

One member said; "The Earth has always seemed flat to me. Except for the Mountain parts".:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Poe's Law strikes again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

For the love of Gpd (!) please let that site be a p1ss take

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

For mobile posters:
    We know the Earth is flat because the Bible tells us so. But for those of you skeptical, close-minded types that flat out refuse to accept the overwhelming Biblical evidence, I have designed some experiments you can do at home that will show you, before your very eyes, that the world is indeed flat, and not spherical as some crazy scientists proclaim. It's amazing how many people blindly believe in a spherical Earth, without ever having seen it for themselves! I intend to change that.

1) Jump!

Now, scientists claim that Earth is spherical and rotating at a speed of between 700-1000 miles per hour, depending on your latitude. This is a very high rate of speed. You can disprove this nonsense by simply jumping up as high as you can. Really, it's that simple. What happens when you jump? You come straight down to where you were. But, if the Earth were indeed spinning at such a fast speed, wouldn't you land hundreds of feet away?

If you were to stand in the flat bed of a truck going 75 mph, and jump straight up, what would happen? You wouldn't fall straight down. You would fall out of the truck. That's because trucks move, the Earth doesn't. This experiment proves the Earth is fixed in space and doesn't move.

2) Blow!
    Since if the Earth is supposedly a sphere, it naturally comes to assume what would happen to people below the equator, like in Australia? Since they are underneath the sphere, wouldn't they fall off? This is where scientists come up with mumbo-jumbo like "gravity" and "centrifugal force" to explain away their theories. So, the scientists want you to think that because the earth is so much more massive than people or things, that people will naturally "stick" to the bottom of the earth because of gravity.

This can be disproved very simply. Get a balloon and inflate it as big as possible. It will be a spherical shape. Now, take a piece of paper and try to rip, tear, or cut the tiniest speck of paper possible. This paper represents a human being, much smaller in mass to the balloon, which represents the Earth. Now try and place the small piece of paper to the underside of the balloon. What happens? It falls off!

That's right. Even though the balloon is so much bigger in mass, it cannot hold the tiny paper. So if the Earth was a sphere, no one could live below the equator because they would fall off.

3) Get High!
    Ok, this one you really can't do at home, but you can do it out in the world. Stand on the ground and look around you. What's the farthest you can see? Maybe it's a building, tree, or mountain. Now, find some place very close to it where you can get a much higher vantage point. (This also works if you're on a jet and about to take off.) Notice how in the higher place you can see much farther? You can see more of the world the higher you get. This shows the world is flat because the higher you go, the easier it is to see over obstacles. At the same time, it shows the world cannot be spherical. Because if the world was curved, the far distance would forever remain out of view because of the Earth's curvature. It would eternally be over the horizon.

If the Earth was a sphere, it would not matter how high you went, you would still see the same thing. Since this is not the case, the Earth is flat.

These experiments are all confirmed by creation scientists as being 100% accurate. If you're skeptical of the flat Earth, why don't you do these experiments so you can see truth with your own eyes.

Is this by the writers of Viz?

My favoutite comment:
    Brother Jim,

You have just shown with such simple method why secular science is so wrong with their "theories" and why God is so right in his Truth!

I can vouch for the accuracy, especially of #2. I live in Australia and have for many years and I have yet to fall off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Some of the replys on that are dead funny...

the op in the link has a signature with a round earth on it :P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

3) Get High!

think he's been doing enough of that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Imagine a Muslim reading that and thinking we're all bat **** crazy Christians

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php

The only other forum that's better than boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Praise the lord, pass the ammunition.:P

I bow to our new overlords.:cool:

According to that website Satans Grandmother is the Queen Of Denmark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Dearest Mods,

edit: seems to be a písstake, sorry about that. I usually don't fall for these so easily but all the posters seem to have huge numbers of posts? Still funny though!

How did you not know that website was a pisstake? People have been re-posting stuff from it here for ages. It is very funny though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Haha I love that some of the medals are called.. *Ex-masturbator* *Teabag Patriot* *Supersoaker baptism award* and *Jalied for Jesus*

Nutters!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Adyx wrote: »
    How did you not know that website was a pisstake? People have been re-posting stuff from it here for ages. It is very funny though. :D
    I don't read much of AH...for my sins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I don't read much of AH...for my sins.

Well I can't blame you for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭up for anything

The Jacking off for Jesus thread is a classic. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

1) The earth moves aswell as the atmosphere so when you jump you are also moving at the same rate as the earth. when driving on the truck you have resistance like wind etc etc.

2)Volume does not equal Mass. Balloon is large volume not Mass. Also because your doing that on earth the earths gravity is acting on the paper.

3) does not make any sense at all.

Still a funny read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Whats worse than the orginal post is the responses praising that douche.

Thanks OP that link gave me cancer!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭Riddle101

These guys are f*cking Crazy I tell you. really crazy with a capital C. Just reading through the forum has made me lose faith in humanity.

I mean look at this quote
    Thank you Brother,

I am always looking for got science experiments for my boys homeschooling.

homeschooling:eek::eek::eek: are you sh!tting me. I wouldn't trust this parent to teach her/his child anything except his/her ignorant views

Or this
    Only crazy people do not believe that the Earth is flat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Flat Earth rock! Link: http://www.ipecac.com/videos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Haha go to the TOS, read the spoiler at the end:

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/tos.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

best site on the net,often spent hours going through it,this kind of stuff is just comedy gold http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?p=613917#post613917

Advertisement