Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FOUND-Black and white cat in Balbriggan

Options
  • 08-10-2010 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Cat has been hangin around the house last few days and i didn't think much of it, today it came right up 2 me and i noticed there was no collar. She/he was fairly hungry and lapped up some milk. watched it for awhile and noticed its living under my shed, theres hairs everywhere under there! Anyway i can't take it in with a baby in the house so i'm just leaving milk out for it. Its warm now but under the shed won't be so cosy come the winter! Ring me on <snip>!
    No personal numbers in posts. PM only. HB

Image0517.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

aww poor kitty - hopefully someone might recognise it.

Just a word of warning - most cats are lactose intolerant, and giving her milk will only result in a dose of the runs and a stinky back garden for you!
    water is better, and some solid food also. Generally cats are good scavengers and won't go too hungry, but if she/he is staying under the shed and not venturing far he may be injured or sick, or if a female even pregnant.

If she has not been claimed within a few days, I would contact fingal SPCA - they will come get it and take care of her. I foster for them, and where possibly they will rehome or foster the cat, rather than have it PTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

aww poor kitty - hopefully someone might recognise it.

Just a word of warning - most cats are lactose intolerant, and giving her milk will only result in a dose of the runs and a stinky back garden for you!
    water is better, and some solid food also. Generally cats are good scavengers and won't go too hungry, but if she/he is staying under the shed and not venturing far he may be injured or sick, or if a female even pregnant.

If she has not been claimed within a few days, I would contact fingal SPCA - they will come get it and take care of her. I foster for them, and where possibly they will rehome or foster the cat, rather than have it PTS.

Thanks for the tip! I've bben leaving ham and water out and have built a little boxed shelter with blankets in for it. Doesn't seem injured and is living off the four houses on my road as far as i can see so its happy enough for now!

Advertisement