Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pricing for Cork SF tournament

Options
  • 08-10-2010 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

After months of failures, delays and laziness, I've finally found somewhere to host regular tournaments down here in Cork.
    The place has two rooms available:
    For €55 I can get a smallish, awkwardly shaped room suitable for 20-30 people.
    For €75 there's a bigger more regularly shaped room and comes with a large TV (has not been tested for lag ;D ).

I know of 6-8 Cork people who are almost guaranteed to show up for these. I imagine some Limerick people might take the trip down and a token Dubliner or two.

How much does everyone reckon I should charge for these? I'd like to have them at €10, but unless 20 people show up there's not much going to be going in the way of prizes.
    At €15 prizes would obviously be much larger, but it'll probably scare off a bunch of the locals.

Input appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

You could possibly run this as an actual ranbat series and save up the money over the course of the season, winner gets a TE or something. Means you can charge less and encourages people to come back for every session.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sairus wrote: »
    I know of 6-8 Cork people who are almost guaranteed to show up for these. I imagine some Limerick people might take the trip down and a token Dubliner or two.

[HYPE]Call me token if I don't kick all your asses.[/HYPE]

Other than that, I think I'd start with the cheap and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Agree with Dreddy. Do like Limerick and run a league with an overall prize.

Also token Dubliners will win the events they are at. Just by being there.

Orim wrote: »
    Agree with Dreddy. Do like Limerick and run a league with an overall prize.

Also token Dubliners will win the events they are at. Just by being there.

Unless it's Chopper, who will let us down, but more importantly let himself down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

But he will bring amazing tissues and in doing so elevate himself to Godhood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I know 4 or 5 lads in Tralee who are about as a good/bad as I am.

If you pick a date I can let them know and see if they're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

I'll definitely attend in Cork. New job and being self employed has disabled me from being able to travel to Dublin for Inferno...

Count me in for Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Does the 20th of November clash with anything? As far as I can tell that's an empty slot in the shockingly busy Irish tournament schedule.
    If not that shall be the inagural date!

THINK it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

As Christmas is approaching these rooms'll book up mighty fast. I'll try and book the place for the 20th tomorrow afternoon unless anyone raises any objections.

• Advertisement

As Christmas is approaching these rooms'll book up mighty fast. I'll try and book the place for the 20th tomorrow afternoon unless anyone raises any objections.

If you book it they will come.

Not everything needs to be done by committee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Does the 20th of November clash with anything? As far as I can tell that's an empty slot in the shockingly busy Irish tournament schedule.
    If not that shall be the inagural date!

There may be something in Belfast on that date, I have heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭J.I.M.

I know 4 or 5 lads in Tralee who are about as a good/bad as I am.

If you pick a date I can let them know and see if they're interested.

Hey, you wouldn't happen to know if those lads are here in the forums? I was just thinking that I could sneakily befriend them and try to play some casuals here Tralee, since my PS3's back in Finland ;)

Oh I have BlazBlue:CS with me if any of them is interested. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

By november I doubt I'll be able to go because working in Smyths at xmas= no social life! :(

I'm sure alot of the limerick lads will represent though!

J.I.M. wrote: »
    Hey, you wouldn't happen to know if those lads are here in the forums? I was just thinking that I could sneakily befriend them and try to play some casuals here Tralee, since my PS3's back in Finland ;)

Oh I have BlazBlue:CS with me if any of them is interested. :P

They don't post on boards to my knowledge.

PM me your phone number if you like and I'll pass it on to them.

I think a couple of them were into Blazblue CT (not certain), and they mostly play on Xbox (hope controller isn't a big problem).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

fruitpunch and erinsoup are both in Tralee I think, they don't really post on here but they're both often in the www.streetfighter.ie chat room.

Haha, yeah they're two of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I'm sure alot of the limerick lads will represent though!

No promises as to how well we will represent though :D

🤪

Advertisement