Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

favourite guns

Options
  • 08-10-2010 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

ok, most people on here will have owned more than one gun, so i thought i'd ask what your favourite gun that you own(ed) is/was. is it your current gun, or are you sorry you traded it that old favourite for what you have now

i have a tikka supervarmint .223 that i got about 2 months ago and i love it, but i saw my old 17hmr the other day and when i picked it up and looked through the scope i felt a little nostalgic. has this ever happened to you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

love my 17 HMR, would never sell it for love nor money :-) Had a lovely 28bore growing up in Scotland that learnt to shoot with, have some very fond memories of that gun, my nephew is learning to shoot with it now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

My old Orbit O/U 12g shotgun. Loved that gun. Bought it in Watts on the quays. Sold it to "raise cash"for another firearm. 2 weeks later got a small twist on the lotto. Tried to buy it back but it was gone. :mad:

Would seriously love to have it back.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

My old Sig P226, great gun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Couldnt have 1 favorite ... if i had the money in the morning id buy back everything ive ever owned...........they were all my favorite at one time !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Couldnt have 1 favorite ... if i had the money in the morning id buy back everything ive ever owned...........they were all my favorite at one time !

Me too :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I'd have to say my favourite would have to be my .223 remmy.
    She has been my most consistent bunny basher to date
    9 out of 10 bunnies prefer it ;) Rabbits that is!

I'd have to say my favourite would have to be my .223 remmy.
    She has been my most consistent bunny basher to date
    9 out of 10 bunnies prefer it ;) Rabbits that is!

What do you do hit them with it :rolleyes:

You say "deer stalking" yet "bunny bashing" .............. :rolleyes:

And in case you miss my point, IMO they are a noble quarry species, same as any deer, who deserve some respect.

They're not there for your amusement !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

What do you do hit them with it :rolleyes:

You say "deer stalking" yet "bunny bashing" .............. :rolleyes:

And in case you miss my point, IMO they are a noble quarry species, same as any deer, who deserve some respect.

They're not there for your amusement !

Bunny,
    The rules for vermin and game are clearly different....

Stalking bunnies is not required, they are in the back garden for feck sake! I have to shoot them periodically to stop there population exploding.

Deer are game and treated as such.

Rats are also vermin and they get no special treatment either.

Vermin one set of rules/game a different set

VSSF II .223 all the way!

And so back to reality & back on thread ............ sorry OP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Swedish mauser, sporterised, straight shooter.
    Ruger 77/22 heavy barrel.

Sorry I sold them.

But I had a mauser k98 rebarelled in 308 never liked it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Browning B25 trap gun, 1972 vintage. Co-owned it with the old man when I was in my teens....savage gun for clays and pigeons. And an old 9mm FN garden shotgun...the craic I had with that thing was unreal..from shooting rats to shooting rabbits with mini 9mm rimfire bullets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

My favourite gun of all time has to be my 1918 all-matching DWM Luger - the very first Luger I ever bought. I bought it in 1971, and had it destroyed by deactivation in 1998.

I still have it tho' - I just can't bear to part with it.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

guns i have at the minute
    beretta 686 and the tikka tactical

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sika98k

A Bonehill 16 bore and a Mauser Model B Sporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Sika98k wrote: »
    A Bonehill 16 bore and a Mauser Model B Sporter.

Sir - talk to me about your Mauser Model B sporter.

Mine was built in 1912 and is in 7x57.

It lived in Rhodesia from 1913 to 1989.

tac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

declan1980 wrote: »
    ok, most people on here will have owned more than one gun, so i thought i'd ask what your favourite gun that you own(ed) is/was.

Ye Gods, you might as well ask me which is my favourite child.

All of them!

The one I've been most pleased with is the SIG-556. It's got its deficiencies, no denying, but it's just so damned fun to shoot. If I had to sell all my rifles and pistols but one, I'd be keeping my AXR. Rare and very capable for most any use I could put it to.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Horses for copurses I suppose

The best clay buster I ever owned was a Benelli Super 90, I couldnt miss;)

I love the bettinsoli supersport I have but still feel something is missing. Id say if I was only allowed one gun I'd have a semi.

Rifle wise I have 2 rugers a hornet and a 10/22, favorite 10/22 for versatility paper/plinking rabbits and vermin

I have a 391 for the field and I wouldnt change it, light and versatile.

Advertisement