Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palit gtx 460 1gb

Options
  • 08-10-2010 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi,Im think about getting this card as it its in my budget of under 200 and I can get it on overclockers.co.uk for exactly 200 that but my real question is ive heard bad things on google like it is missing its heatsinks and is very noisy:confused:.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Not sure about noise but I don't recall the design getting grilled over it :confused: I do recall that people moaned about it because review samples had a VRM heatsink but retail versions have none. To be honest, its not that big an issue. Hell, IIRC even the Platinum edition is missing it and doesn't do anything hinky when overvolted and chugging along at 900/1800MHz core/shaders :D:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Is there a gtx 460 under 200euro with a heatsink,Its just id rather be safe than sorry thats a good brand.Thanks

Pixmania has GTX460 1GB models by Gigabyte, Leadtek and PNY down to €199, but only the former is a good-quality brand and is the only one where I can confirm the presence of a VRM heatsink via reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Im looking on scan.co.uk and found a gigabyte 1gb gtx 460 for about 190euro including postage.It looks too good to be true as gigabyte are usally over 200.Can someone please make sure Im not missing something as im ready to buy

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/1GB-Gigabyte-GTX-460-OC-3600MHz-GDDR5-GPU-715MHz-Shader-Clock-1430MHz-336-Cores-DL-DVI-mHDMI

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i got the gigabyte 1 gig 460 at pixmania for 199 euro so looks about right great card btw dont know if it has the heat sink or not though

• Advertisement

Reviewers that pulled their cards apart said it did, and didn't print nasty edits about how retail versions lacked it, like they did long and hard with Palit versions! :o:p

btw that Scan offer is pretty darn good. Looks legit, get it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Good luck with getting Scan to deliver here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

They've delivered here now for a while. A few people from here have ordered but postage is steep.

Advertisement