Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rideoncars.ie Buyer Beware

Options
  • 08-10-2010 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I ordered a car for my sons birthday from rideoncars.ie on Wednesday. They assured me the car would be delivered by Friday as the birthday was on the Sunday. To make a long story short, the car did not turn up, I'm €200 down & have to go out and buy the young fella another present so his day won't be ruined. As for dealing with these guys, i was given the complete run around. I rang them several times & was passed between reps, told it was on the way, told the blame lies with DHL, my money would be refunded etc, etc, etc.
    Just be aware of how these guys operate if you are planning on using this site.:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I would recommend you go to your local DHL Depot in the morning to see is it there. Bring some ID with you. If it arrives late leave it with a friend until Xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 080808

I've been on to DHL already, and have to call again in the morning. Bit of a long trip to collect it but hopefully I'll be able to get it there. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

OP - i think you're being very unfair with your post.

The car was ordered last wednesday, (leaving it a bit late) yes the site says 2-3 day delivery, but unfortunately the one part of internet shopping that can't be controlled by the seller is the delivery service and they have to take their delivery partners word with the service provided.

In reality the issue is with DHL and why they have not delivered the item.

You are not €200 down as the site is a very valid site and their t&c's allow for return within 7 days for full refund. It also uses paypal for processing, so you're doubly covered.

As for gift not being available on Sunday - surely you can give him a picture of it and something else small and then on Monday the car will arrive and it will be a second happy day.

I don't think so at all! Firstly I contacted rideoncars.ie by telephone to explain that the delivery had to be made by Friday or i was not going to place an order with them. The rep ASSURED me that the delivery would DEFINITELY be with me by Friday, this is the ONLY reason i placed the order.

After contacting DHL they informed me rideoncars.ie had requested delivery by boat instead of the more expensive/faster air option & the earliest i would have the package is Monday.

At present rideoncars.ie have €200 of my hard earned money & although you say i can be refunded within seven days, will i manage to get the package returned to the UK by next Wednesday? Not to mention the cost of carriage.

Along with the failed promise of delivery on Friday i was given the complete run around all day, with broken promise after broken promise. I had to contact them several times to try to resolve this and not one time did they call me back, as they said they would.

Thankfully we found a replacement car in smyths toy store(€185) and the day can go on as planned.:confused:

Regarding your suggestion of giving someone a picture of their birthday present, I'm sure if you were in my position you would try to come up with a better idea than that!!!:)

It would never have been sent by air - the cost of air shipping a large parcel would be substantial and uneconomical.

The normal delivery service from uk via land & ferry is 2 days - doesn't matter if its DHL / UPS / Prime Line, its a 2 days service.

If DHL picked it up on Wednesday, then DHL are the problem.

As for returning the item, you simply just have to refuse delivery and it is sent back - the 7 day period (for me anyway) is the period you need to contact a company to say you are returning the goods.

In one of my bsuinesses I ship using three different carriers (An Post, DPD & UPS) and they all can have problems and they all have their strengths and I can get the run around from them for hours before getting an answer. - It pisses customers off, it pisses me off but unfortunately its the one drawback to the internet.

• Advertisement

Rideoncars.ie ignored my phone calls, refused to return me phone calls, passed me from pillar to post & as far I could judge did everything they could to ignore me & fob me off, simply they did not come through with the service I expected when making payment.
    The package was not collected from them Wedenday as they had informed me as you can see below.

DHL Tracking Summary
    Thursday, October 07, 2010 Location Time Pieces
    3 Processed at GATWICK - UK GATWICK - UK 23:11 1 Pieces
    2 Arrived at Sort Facility GATWICK - UK GATWICK - UK 23:08 1 Pieces
    1 Shipment picked up BRISTOL - UK 00:00

Dealing with these guys on Friday certainly pissed me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

91011 wrote: »
    It would never have been sent by air - the cost of air shipping a large parcel would be substantial and uneconomical.

The normal delivery service from uk via land & ferry is 2 days - doesn't matter if its DHL / UPS / Prime Line, its a 2 days service.

If DHL picked it up on Wednesday, then DHL are the problem.

As for returning the item, you simply just have to refuse delivery and it is sent back - the 7 day period (for me anyway) is the period you need to contact a company to say you are returning the goods.

In one of my bsuinesses I ship using three different carriers (An Post, DPD & UPS) and they all can have problems and they all have their strengths and I can get the run around from them for hours before getting an answer. - It pisses customers off, it pisses me off but unfortunately its the one drawback to the internet.

Would you not just concede, for once, that a consumer has been treated poorly and has the right to expect a decent standard of service?

If I had spent €200 on a present and someone suggested I give a picture instead, I'd be more interested in sending a picture of me giving the two fingers to that person.

91011, I cannot see any credibility in any of your posts. You admit you are a retailer and then dismiss the concerns and complaints of any consumers who post here, regardless of what has happened.

The most succesful retailers empathise with their customers and attempt to solve issues fairly with customers getting the benefit of the doubt when there is a 50-50 issue.

Think Fergal Quinn.

Would you not just concede, for once, that a consumer has been treated poorly and has the right to expect a decent standard of service?

If I had spent €200 on a present and someone suggested I give a picture instead, I'd be more interested in sending a picture of me giving the two fingers to that person.

91011, I cannot see any credibility in any of your posts. You admit you are a retailer and then dismiss the concerns and complaints of any consumers who post here, regardless of what has happened.

The most succesful retailers empathise with their customers and attempt to solve issues fairly with customers getting the benefit of the doubt when there is a 50-50 issue.

Think Fergal Quinn.

If it was posted in consumer issues then yes - but the OP is claiming arip off - there is no rip off here. Yes customer service seems to lack, but to be claiming rip off is ott.

In fact rideon cars could see this thread as slander and I'd suggest that it be moved to consumers issue forum rather than rip-off forum.

btw - if I told you the business I was in and you checked the record of the business you'd find the customer service record is 100% and way and above what is considered the norm, but there are some people (not the op) that do take the absolute piss when it comes to retail situations.

If it was posted in consumer issues then yes - but the OP is claiming arip off - there is no rip off here. Yes customer service seems to lack, but to be claiming rip off is ott.

In fact rideon cars could see this thread as slander and I'd suggest that it be moved to consumers issue forum rather than rip-off forum.

btw - if I told you the business I was in and you checked the record of the business you'd find the customer service record is 100% and way and above what is considered the norm, but there are some people (not the op) that do take the absolute piss when it comes to retail situations.

To me your attitude sums up a lot which is wrong with retail.

The whole notion that it is not the retailers fault but DHL. The customer has not contracted DHL so the customer should hold the retailer liable, not DHL. If the retailer paid a local man with a Ford Transit to deliver it, giving him a few quid for petrol, would it be reasonable to say "that's not the retailer's fault, blame the local waster with the van"?

By springing to the defence of every retailer, attempting to defend the indefensible then you undermine everything else you say.

You may have 100% customer satisfaction but perhaps nothing has gone wrong yet. True customer service is evident following a problem. Like in the OP's situation.

By springing to the defence of every retailer, attempting to defend the indefensible then you undermine everything else you say.

I certainly don't defend every retailer - there's a lot wrong with retailing now comapred to when I was actively involved in the retail buiness (1985 - 2005) - i still have interests in the area but not on a day to day basis. Most of what's wrong is to to with UK multiples overcharing and paying pittance to good staff in order to inflate their profits. - If you check my posts over the years you'll see I despise most of these samey conglomerates who make Irish centres & towns replicas of UK towns - the only exception seems to be Kilkenny (funny how Kilkenny retailers are doing quite well and there are very few retail units in Kilkenny.

Anyway back to the OP

The post was posted in "rip off Ireland" thread. Can you show me where the rip off is? - Anywhere? - Just even a hint of a rip off?

If it was posted in Consumer issues, I would have talken a different view. But the is no rip off here and no retailer or person should be accused of such when it is a simple late delivery issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

so... 4 days before your son'as birthday you order his present.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Agree with the above 2 posts. This has no business being under Rip-off Ireland. OP, you have not been ripped off, merely experienced poor customer service from a UK based online retailer.

I certainly don't defend every retailer - there's a lot wrong with retailing now comapred to when I was actively involved in the retail buiness (1985 - 2005) - i still have interests in the area but not on a day to day basis. Most of what's wrong is to to with UK multiples overcharing and paying pittance to good staff in order to inflate their profits. - If you check my posts over the years you'll see I despise most of these samey conglomerates who make Irish centres & towns replicas of UK towns - the only exception seems to be Kilkenny (funny how Kilkenny retailers are doing quite well and there are very few retail units in Kilkenny.

Anyway back to the OP

The post was posted in "rip off Ireland" thread. Can you show me where the rip off is? - Anywhere? - Just even a hint of a rip off?

If it was posted in Consumer issues, I would have talken a different view. But the is no rip off here and no retailer or person should be accused of such when it is a simple late delivery issue.

it would not matter if it were posted in Sex and Sexuality, the retailer has failed the op on a high value item and you have backed them up. The fact remains that she has spent €200 on an item that has not arrived when expected. You have stated that this is DHL's fault and not the retailer. The op did not contract DHL. You suggest that a photo of the present will suffice. She should send a photo of the money to the retailer!

I am not interested in buying such an item but I come upon a wide range of people with work and will pass on the details of the above if I ever hear that company mentioned.

In relation to the person who seems to suggest that the op should not be ordering the present 4 days before the birthday; where would you hide a ride on vehicle for 2 weeks round your house?

it would not matter if it were posted in Sex and Sexuality, the retailer has failed the op on a high value item and you have backed them up. The fact remains that she has spent €200 on an item that has not arrived when expected. You have stated that this is DHL's fault and not the retailer. The op did not contract DHL. You suggest that a photo of the present will suffice. She should send a photo of the money to the retailer!

I am not interested in buying such an item but I come upon a wide range of people with work and will pass on the details of the above if I ever hear that company mentioned.

DHL did not fulfill their delivery promise of a 2 day service to Ireland. They were the broken link in the chain, so yes the OP should direct his / her anger at DHL.
    The tracking shows the default collection time of 00.00 hours - unless DHL are like santa and can collect every item on the stroke of midnight, this shows it was collected on the wednesday and entered on their system at the default midnight time for all parcels collect that day.
    The next processing was at gatwick on Thursday night and this is where it goes dead.

Yes the store could have provided a better service BUT it is not a rip off and it is posted in the rip off forum and yes DHL did not deliver their promise of 2 day service to Ireland.

Whilst the store could have handled it better, they were failed by the last mile and this was out of their control.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gerbear1982

I ordered a red ride on car from this website and when I received it, it was scratched, dented and cracked, I tried ringing the company for 3 days straight about 100 times but they never pick up there phone, I rang them on 3 different numbers, Irish lane line and two UK numbers, I e-mailed them about 6 times when they eventually e-mailed me back asking for pictures, which I sent to them and they said they will get back to me once they speak to their technical support team, I asked them to ring me on several occasions and they still have not yet rang me, Then I also ordered a personalised name plate which is supposed to be 1 front & 1 back with two mounts, all I received was two stickers which I could of printed out myself. I am not happy with this company and would not recommend anyone buy anything from them. I still have no heard back from them.

Advertisement