Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom started to charge for excess usage on its NGB!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Karenina

Cabaal wrote: »
    This is really really old news.

You signed up to eircom services saying they'd charge you and now when they do your upset?

O for god sake, you are OBVIOUSLY a little lackey employed by them to be defending such a diabolical company who even with all that is given to them STILL make a balls of it. And to defend them by saying you should have read the "t&c"s. Not all of us are wasters like you with nothing else to do except sit down and get an erection at the thought of reading t&cs. And by the way it's "you're" not "your" you ignoramus.

Hang on a minute. You're meant to be a moderator? LMAO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Karenina wrote: »
    .......Not all of us are wasters like you with nothing else to do except sit down and get an erection at the thought of reading t&cs. ......

Best Reply about this ever:) im just lol'ing at this:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

O for god sake, you are OBVIOUSLY a little lackey employed by them to be defending such a diabolical company who even with all that is given to them STILL make a balls of it. And to defend them by saying you should have read the "t&c"s. Not all of us are wasters like you with nothing else to do except sit down and get an erection at the thought of reading t&cs. And by the way it's "you're" not "your" you ignoramus.

yet you take the time to sit down and create a troll account and search for broadband threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,384 ✭✭✭CH3OH

It's a 2 year old thread.
    i hear a key turning.......

• Advertisement

MagicSean wrote: »
    yet you take the time to sit down and create a troll account and search for broadband threads.
    I can guarantee you that I didn't do it for the want of doing anything else. Its twenty to twelve at night. I have a pile of stuff to do. I have to get up early tomorrow, and the only reason I went on here is cos i got a bill from those pile of scheissters charging me excess usage. That company is diabolical!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

MagicSean wrote: »

thats right what else would one do on a friday night?.

I can guarantee you that I didn't do it for the want of doing anything else. Its twenty to twelve at night. I have a pile of stuff to do. I have to get up early tomorrow, and the only reason I went on here is cos i got a bill from those pile of scheissters charging me excess usage. That company is diabolical!!

did you not read the fair use policy?

Policies for most of us they are impossible to read and understand. You may consider yourself a clever person, but what about the elderly and those who don't have a degree in law or anything else. And to be honest I doubt that you read it yourself. I believe there is a law saying any major changes or items that are important for the consumers to be aware of are supposed to be stipulated clearly and with emphasis at the start of a contract. Not hidden in legal jargon.

Policies for most of us they are impossible to read and understand. You may consider yourself a clever person, but what about the elderly and those who don't have a degree in law or anything else. And to be honest I doubt that you read it yourself. I believe there is a law saying any major changes or items that are important for the consumers to be aware of are supposed to be stipulated clearly and with emphasis at the start of a contract. Not hidden in legal jargon.

The fair use policy is generally pretty simple to understand. If you'd ever attempted to read it you would know that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

And by the way it's "you're" not "your" you ignoramus.
    You may consider yourself a clever person, but what about the elderly and those who don't have a degree in law or anything else.
    **** them. Pack of ignoramuses.

Looking at the eircom site, there's 3 broadband packages. One says 10GB Usage, the others say Unlimited. Click more details and then More details on Broadband. The lowest package tells you what 10GB is:
    eircom wrote:
    Monthly usage allowance of 10GB

The maximum amount of data you can use (both upload and download) in one month is 10GB. If you go over 10GB, each extra 1GB will cost €2.03.

1GB represents:

Downloading 170 songs
    Downloading one movie
    Streaming 70 minutes of YouTube HD clips

While the other two packages tell you the fair usage policy:
    eircom wrote:
    Unlimited monthly usage allowance***

With Next Generation Broadband Regular/Ultimate you have an unlimited monthly allowance. This is subject to a fair usage policy of 250GB per month. For more information see the standard Broadband Terms and Conditions.

I'm all for ****ting on eircom (10GB is pittance), but their policies are in plain English.

I don't know what your issue is. As this thread is 2 years old, it's not as if they recently started enforcing caps. So either you're only breaking your cap now for the first time, you signed up without reading the website, or I'm missing something.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,330 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Karenina will be taking a short break from Boards so that they can reconsider their posting style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The problem is they're selling up to 8Mb packages with a 10GB limit which is insane, they're counting on people going over and incurring charges. We were with eircom for years(were in the first BB trial in the country) and up to early this year we had a 8meg "NGB"(Actually getting 3/0.5 on old copper) and they tried for several months to enforce a 30GB limit. They ended up getting an earful and moving us to truly unlimited but before those bills were nullified we were being charged ~130/mo with no chance to change package to reduce the bill. Thank f@ck UPC finally laid cables in our area, eircom are a joke.

Advertisement