Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Centre Parking

Options
  • 08-10-2010 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭

I'm starting a new job in the city centre in the next couple of weeks and was wondering if there's anywhere in town that does flat rate daily/weekly parking? I'm not sure if people who work in the city here even drive to work...I've only been back a while but Belfast and its £3-a-day parking has spoiled me!

I'll be working near the Elysian if that helps. Any suggestions that don't involve a few buses would be great - thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Would Park & Ride be an option? It depends on what side of the city you're coming in from.
    The drop off for this is Lapp's Quay, just across from the Clarion. Which is near the Elysian.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

What about looking on here:

http://www.daft.ie/cork/parking_spaces/

There seems to be a few pay monthy options, there's two there that might work out OK €100-€110 per month up to €140-150 for something that will definitely work out logistically OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

There's also a few on cork.gumtree.ie for 25-40 a week, some near Douglas Street - most likely apartments/townhouses who have spaces but no cars looking to earn an extra few quid - haggling would be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

There's a place just off south terrace that does a flat rate. I think it's €10 a day though but you won't find much cheaper in Cork I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

there's a few places over towards the train station that are 7/8 a day. it's only about a 10 minute walk from there to the Elysian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BarneyMagee

The Park and Ride would surely be your best option. It's from 7am to 7pm. Flat fee of €5.

It also stops along the side of City Hall directly opposite the Elysian and it picks up on the far side of the Elysian just up from the Sextant pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

If you are considering the park and ride it may be useful to tell us where you will be living - If you were living ona main bus route then I would just consider gettign the regualr bus and not fork out €5 + petrol every day. I know you said you did not want numerous busses though, one might be OK?

Advertisement