Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handy tip for anyone who got Wimax today or yesterday

Options
  • 08-10-2010 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

Flat side of the box with imagine sticker (not the LED or wired side) and aim it towards where the post office is. The tower behind is where the signal comes from and its not exactly line of sight reliant but it helps, went from one light to 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

what speeds you getting dannie?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

983351910.png

from laptop downstairs in house wifi with the hub upstairs with 3 lights if i get a four light should improve, just a matter of movin it ... a lot probably, was getting maybe 3 and a half earlier in same room with wifi and got up bit more connected. decent as of yet i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

That's not too bad.
    I'm only getting slightly better, with a 3mb, phone line.

983371254.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

not too bad, wonder how well it works when your on the move.

more info on boosting. (Haven't tried any of these yet but i will when i get home)

http://theoryreport.com/technology/how-to-boost-clearwires-4g-wimax-signal.html

• Advertisement

inode wrote: »
    not too bad, wonder how well it works when your on the move.

do you mean on the move as in dongle? i don't have that i have the box thing. the type in the link above

Advertisement