Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

600 points!!!

• 08-10-2010 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

How much study is needed to get 600 points??:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

David1994 wrote: »
    How much study is needed to get 600 points??:pac:

A lifetimes. You must realise at most maybe 10 people get 600 each year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

thanks for the reply.i dont necessarily need 600 points but high enough.
    Im thinking of studying medicine or pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Skyb

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

A lifetimes. You must realise at most maybe 10 people get 600 each year.

136 people got 600 in 09/10

only a handful get the 7 or 8 A1's,which i never quite understood the point of really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Skyb wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Sorry typo, 3 out of 100 got it in my school aswell.

I'd also like to study pharmacy :) but it's just so much work, I think i'v started of 5th year well and am happy with my science subjects so it's possible. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Sorry typo, 3 out of 100 got it in my school aswell.

I'd also like to study pharmacy :) but it's just so much work, I think i'v started of 5th year well and am happy with my science subjects so it's possible. :)

You in 5th year.You can get anything you want in your leaving you've 2 years,ignore any bad mouthing.Have confidence in your ability and you'll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

I'm thinking about studying Pharmacy too. :D Don't know whether I'll manage the 540 points though. :o I'm quite good a memorising things and I'm good at Maths so I should do well in Business, Chemistry, Maths and Biology. I'm just worried about English, Irish and French. :(

I'm planning on around 10 hours study on the weekends and around an 1 and a half to 2 hours on weeknights up till Christmas and then I'll see if I need to do more.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

^ If you actually do that amount of hours, you should be fine. I studied for about 20-30 minutes each day (not because that's a good thing to do, I wouldn't recommend it I am just a horrible procrastinator), and relied on cramming basically - don't do this, it piles up a lot near the end, especially with 8 HL subjects that I had.

Don't look up the mock papers online - it's tempting, but I know from experience it can seriously screw you over (I got 590 in my mocks, knew practically every paper so all it did was lure me into a state of false confidence, whereas a low score would have made me cop on and study more).

Do your homework well, without the book if possible. In maths, if you don't get the answer out, keep trying until you do. Make sure every single piece of homework you do is perfect - if you can't do it perfectly when you have the book in front of you, then you won't be perfect when the exam comes around (600 points = perfect, so they say). I didn't do a lot of study really, but my homework was always excellent (I don't mean it in as a pretentious way as it appears in writing though). Oh but be realistic, don't spend 2 hours on a question that is assigned 20 minutes in the exam.

Exam papers are the key, as well as marking schemes. Try and hand up some of your work to your teacher to correct, I used to do that in Geography all the time and it helped no end!

I didn't get 600 points by the way, but I got over 500 and that's what worked for me! Don't put your 5th year work on hold during 6th year - it's hard to make time, but it's just as relevant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

im aming for 450 points, i really do want this but im finding it hard to study everything and i basically failed 5th year, is it too late?
    p.s if you dont get the points for med or pharmacy, u can do science then do pharmacy :) my bro nd sis done that....

Advertisement