Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blue Line

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Does anybody have a copy of the Blue Line evaluation report that MVA et al. carried out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

The legacy of these attitudes was the ridiculous amount of time it took to realise ANY of the schemes in CIÉ's "Towards Rapid Transit". While commentators took pot shots at the effrontery of anyone electrifying the Howth to Bray railway and seeking to have the funds diverted towards motorways while ripping up the railways altogether, successive governments (both FitzGerald's and Haughey's various administrations) dithered other the schems and whether planning densities could be increased. In the meantime Dublin Corporation and private developers nearly destroyed the fabric of central Dublin.

Well said Propellerhead...and a good time to reference the TRT plans,even if only to hark back to an era when mention of the letters CIE did`nt automatically lead to the sound of rifle bolts being pulled !!!

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Sorry for resurrecting this but this plan just came into my mind and I was wondering what came of it. The website is dead so I presume the plan is also dead.

Anyone know what came of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Andremac96

Would it be for a luas

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Rebelkell

Anyone know if this is still a runner. Seemed pretty good value for 30 million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭CIE

graduate wrote: »
    I came across this http://www.blueline.ie/
    This seems to be a bus proposing to use the bus lane reservation through Roebuck to join UCD to Sandyford and hence to the DART. A sort of tram type bus is shown, this is OK in a special reservation, but is it going to bounce over the ramps on Nutley lane?
    There is a need to connect UCD better, it is a significant destination.
    A "tram-type bus" or a bus that just looks like a tram? Buses have been looking like trams for ages; it's one tactic that the bus pushers used to try and get the public to accept conversions from tram to bus. One example is the PCC car and the "old look" bus built by GM, Mack, White Bus and other manufacturers:
    septa_pcc_trolley.jpgpppm1206.jpg

Don't let them away with doing something like that here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Rebelkell wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is still a runner. Seemed pretty good value for 30 million

I would have thought a more frequent 47 could do more or less the same job for less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

These so called "road trams" are nothing more than glorified "bendy buses".

They should never have got rid of them. :p

At e10 each which I believed they were sold off for they could have had the whole fleet set up for under 100.000K :)

20qciu8.jpg

2psoc1z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

At e10 each which I believed they were sold off for they could have had the whole fleet set up for under 100.000K :)

20qciu8.jpg

2psoc1z.jpg

you missed my link then?:rolleyes:

At €10 each which I believed they were sold off for they could have had the whole fleet set up for under 100.000K :)
    20qciu8.jpg2psoc1z.jpg
    As I seem to have read, DB now permits exiting the GT-class via the centre doors. What would have been the problem with doing the same on the former AW-class in that case?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

CIE wrote: »
    As I seem to have read, DB now permits exiting the GT-class via the centre doors. What would have been the problem with doing the same on the former AW-class in that case?!?
    The bus stops not being long enough for the bus to pull in to the kerb.

Victor wrote: »
    The bus stops not being long enough for the bus to pull in to the kerb.
    That's just an excuse on DB's part. Plenty of longer double-deck buses wouldn't be able to fit into those spaces of yesteryear either. And how long did the AWs run before they "discovered" this "problem"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

corktina wrote: »
    you missed my link then?:rolleyes:

Pictures say 1000 words. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

Is this ever going to happen?
    Any updates to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

Is this ever going to happen?

I hope not.

Advertisement