Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] What should I do after I finish the Career Tutorials?

Options
  • 09-10-2010 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of joining the Mer De Nom Corporation (got a briefing of the corp from one of the members) but as I'm new to all this I was wondering, is this what I should be doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Join eve-uni tbh. http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/w/index.php?title=Main_Page

For a first corp, they'd be the best

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I can second that, I'm a member currently. They run regular classes on a lot of aspects of the game and have an extensive catalogue of past classes. Add to that they'll refund skillbook purchases up to 1 million isk, replace ships up to cruiser size that are lost during war and provide meta level modules for free.

If you're interested in pvp, learning to lead combat fleets etc, check out the ILN. http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Joining_the_ILN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Looks like I'll join the UNI, learn more about the game, then join Mer de Nom Industries

I have only a slight interest in combat, to the point where all I'd do is have some backup weapon incase I get ambushed.

Friend wants to become a pirate in the game, after reading up on it, it sounds so so tempting :D

Yeah, it's certainly something I want to try my hand at. It can apparently be difficult to make a living out of it though.

• Advertisement

Yeah I was going to have an Alt for transferring goods and stuff anyway, might put that alt to "good" use :D

Might see you out there so. ;) The Uni runs pretty regular roams into lowsec, pirate hunting. :D

yay :(

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Nevore wrote: »
    Yeah, it's certainly something I want to try my hand at. It can apparently be difficult to make a living out of it though.

You could go a whole month living on scraps , but then , some stupid (most likely faction war) will come thru in an Indy carrying 800 red pills, or faction loot from plex's, or else a Tengu who thinks his is invincible, and bang, you can resub with your iskies :> .

I used to make enough to live on flying a Jag into Faction warfare plexes and kill there kited out Stealth Bombers, Covert ops cloaking device and what ever there particular flavor of faction loot is :) Yummy

Well, I'm back playing now with a different account, subscribing today (waiting for BattleClinic to verify).

So, are there any decent mining corps in Caldari space?

• Advertisement

Dunno, I'm over in Minnie space at the moment. Could always check the eve-o recruitment section.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

subscribe - look in awe at the massive ships surronding your noob ship - decide to train for every single one of them - 2 years later relise you now have to many options - cant ever EVER decide what to do in eve or what to use because **** you could be flying a laser hurrican right now but maybe a blaster ferox is a better idea - spin ships for a year - quit

Welcome to your eve experience

bizmark wrote: »
    subscribe - look in awe at the massive ships surronding your noob ship - decide to train for every single one of them - 2 years later relise you now have to many options - cant ever EVER decide what to do in eve or what to use because **** you could be flying a laser hurrican right now but maybe a blaster ferox is a better idea - spin ships for a year - quit

Welcome to your eve experience

I plan to go Bantam (w/ Badger for Hauling) - Osprey - Retriever - Covetor (- Hulk possibly)

I might start a corp by that time with my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

GO_Bear wrote: »
    You could go a whole month living on scraps , but then , some stupid (most likely faction war) will come thru in an Indy carrying 800 red pills, or faction loot from plex's, or else a Tengu who thinks his is invincible, and bang, you can resub with your iskies :> .

I used to make enough to live on flying a Jag into Faction warfare plexes and kill there kited out Stealth Bombers, Covert ops cloaking device and what ever there particular flavor of faction loot is :) Yummy

Yea but what happens when he comes across someone like you and me that can fly everything and has 20m SP in gunnery :p

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

I plan to go Bantam (w/ Badger for Hauling) - Osprey - Retriever - Covetor (- Hulk possibly)

I might start a corp by that time with my friend.

a truly thrilling future you have ahead of you young man

Gneez wrote: »
    a truly thrilling future you have ahead of you young man

I quite enjoy mining, I'm not sure why though.

Going back to finish all the agents.

I want to keep mining as a source of income, but have skills for PVE and PVP.

Missioning, trading, exploration, piracy, wormholes, begging in Jita and probably station spinning, all are more lucrative sources of income though. :confused:

Nevore wrote: »
    Missioning, trading, exploration, piracy, wormholes, begging in Jita and probably station spinning, all are more lucrative sources of income though. :confused:

I'll be missioning and mining (mining at the missions location if it's an asteroid belt).

Advertisement