Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what groupset for bike build

• 09-10-2010 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

ok,i just bought a Canyon roadlite frame and i'm wondering what is the best value groupset to put on it?,now been my first proper bike build i'm not going to go well over the top with my spending..
    i was thinking of going for a full Campag setup,ie wheels(Kamsin's) and groupset(Veloce price £340) or maybe pushing the boat out and going for one of,Centaur £450,105 £423,Rival £435,or Apex for £418..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

At that price point, Rival

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Fran, mind me asking where you are getting Veloce for that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Fran, mind me asking where you are getting Veloce for that price?

How's things voodoo,I got them prices on shiny bikes.Works out at about 405 shipped I think..I have never seen this groupset in person,what do you think??.

How's things voodoo,I got them prices on shiny bikes.Works out at about 405 shipped I think..I have never seen this groupset in person,what do you think??.

Never seen it either, but I've been interested in switching to Veloce for some time. I thought there would be more deals on 2010 stuff, but all the 2011 prices seem to be around the 400 euro mark which is pretty darn good.

It all comes down to which shifter you prefer. They are all more or less on a par: 10 speed, similar weights. So which hood shape and action you prefer should be the main priority. I prefer the campag "clickiness" too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I like Veloce. Pretty, light, cheap(ish), works well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭amjon.

Got Rival on my CX/touring bike, works pretty well. Don't notice a massive difference over the Campag Mirage on my road bike tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

The problem with the 2011 Veloce is that it loses the multiple shifts. Cant remember which way. They have renamed it 'PowerShift' which is basically throwing it back a few years. Personally I love the multiple up and multiple down but as has been said its all about taste.
    Veloce has got to be the best value for money gruppo out there.

I read somewhere that the 2011 Veloce shifters are basically rebuildable Xenon shifters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I read somewhere that the 2011 Veloce shifters are basically rebuildable Xenon shifters.
    well all campy levers are rebuildable. Xenon/Mirage had plastic gear levers whereas Veloce upwards have metal. Xenon/Mirage seems to be gone which makes Veloce more or less bottom of the pile. However this shouldnt take away from Veloce as a gruppo as its still only tiny differences away from Chorus.

Advertisement