Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PPI Results

• 09-10-2010 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Ok I`ve Only A Few

Best Breakfast Show -98FM Dermot & Dave
    Speech Broadcaster Of The Year - Ray Darcy Today Fm
    Music Broadcaster Of The Tear - Ray Foley Today Fm
    Radio Station Imaging 98FM Paul Duffy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Bandscan wrote: »
    Ok I`ve Only A Few

Best Breakfast Show -98FM Dermot & Dave

This Dermot is the Chap who wants to be Andrew Maxwell when he grows up, and is currently masquerading as a giant condom in a TV biscuit ad?

Due respect etc etc etc, but I've already read enough to know that a few is too many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,367 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Nob nation beat gift grub ? A disgrace so it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

This Dermot is the Chap who wants to be Andrew Maxwell when he grows up, and is currently masquerading as a giant condom in a TV biscuit ad?

Due respect etc etc etc, but I've already read enough to know that a few is too many.

You don't know him yet you write him off?

Dermot Whelan is a genuinely funny and really nice guy. He's about the same age as Andrew Maxwell as far as I know, if not slightly older. He's also an accomplished stand up comedian and has been hugely successful on 98FM alongside Dave Moore - 9 years on the breakfast show and now on Drive. He takes over as the presenter on RTÉ's "Republic of Telly" this year from Neil Delamere.

Yes, he's also appeared as a taste bud (not a condom, although there's a passing resemblance I suppose) in the ad for Jacobs Fig Rolls.

... and I, for one, think that of those shortlisted, he and Dave well deserved to win in the Breakfast category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

How Ray Darcy can win speech broadcaster of the year ahead of either Moncrieff or Mooney is a mystery to me. And they are just two of the more popular shows that would be more worthy of the award.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Sergeant wrote: »
    How Ray Darcy can win speech broadcaster of the year ahead of either Moncrieff or Mooney is a mystery to me. And they are just two of the more popular shows that would be more worthy of the award.

How Darcy can win anything is a mystery full stop. He truly is one of Irelands worst broadcasters. I prefer to listen to presenters who are at least as intelligent as myself or more so. It's no wonder Darcy was popular on the Den, same intellect as his viewers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Bard wrote: »
    You don't know him yet you write him off?

I'd forgotten I posted that to be honest.

Oh no, I am familiar with him. I just don't think he's remotely funny. I've heard him on the radio, I've seen him do stand up in a few locations (mostly live, but I've also witnessed his disastrous RTE chat show appearance), and after watching through one full episode, I've subsequently changed the channel whenever he appeared on the panel.

I think he relies on smart-arsery, smugness, bland childishness and obvious laboured puns instead of actual gags on radio, and just relies on facial mugging instead of actual gags when on TV.

While he may indeed be an A-1 super guy in person, I was referring to his ability to entertain. I find him boring and tremendously unfunny, and I feel his winning an award is an indictment of the Irish entertainment industry in general , really.

Still, Humour is relative I suppose.

Advertisement