Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

safe mode on xp

• 09-10-2010 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Need help big time ..

i turned on my computer it opened in the screen that allows you to open in safe mode

when i click on safe mode it starts running off a list on numbers and letters

when i open it as normal it just goes in to rebooting the computer over and over

can any one help

please

brian

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭k123456

If safe mode try running system restore, system restore will bring u back to when your pc last ran OK. So if your Pc was OK three days ago, restore to three days ago or earlier

Lots of vids on youtube on how to use it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

So far as I remember XP had a few different types of safe mode,
    if you hit F8 while the pc's starting up you get to choose which safe mode to boot up, one without the networking interfaces enabled( ie no internet) and one that's purely a flashing command line or terminal.

Try them all and see which one works... then take down it's name and do as k123456 already said, and find a tutorial on google on how to do a system restore within that type of safe mode.

Sounds like a bog standard virus. Once all this is over google some free antivirus software and stick it on the pc, avast is free and so far as I remember there's a free version of AVG.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 disc79

cheers will try this , but dont know how it could be a virus problem , computer not connected to the internet ,it has only one program on it .. The computer is used as a dmx light controller for a nightclub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

disc79 wrote: »
    cheers will try this , but dont know how it could be a virus problem , computer not connected to the internet ,it has only one program on it .. The computer is used as a dmx light controller for a nightclub

weird.... but running pc's in public location myself I know the mischief people can get upto on them... if it's near people or someone has access to it that probably should not.. then this could of caused it.... or it's just bad luck ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 disc79

left it in with a computer whizz , said it was in a boot loop ... oh well

• Advertisement
Advertisement