Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Continous Vandalism

• 09-10-2010 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi guys :)

I'm living on a street that is constantly being hit by vandalism,
    I have no idea if its the same people or not but tonight these young ones were walking up my street, i could hear them a mile away, all i heard was "Im so f***ing p****d off!!!!" and a huge wallop. That wallop was my car mirror being ripped off...

It hasn't just happened tonight though, 4 weeks ago it happened on a Saturday, exactly a week later on a Saturday also, it bloody happened again! I have had to replaced 2 mirrors on my car in the last month! ...And now another one..... :mad:

I am so bloody annoyed at this point its not even funny!
    And the thing is, a guy living very close to me has actually put up cameras on his house over it!! Like 5 of them. All the different night's it happened a few of the neighbors rushed out to check their cars! ...As they knew what might have happened to them..A few of their cars did in-fact also have mirrors ripped off.. :eek:

So it seems that nearly everyone on this street has at some point had the same thing happen, which makes me even more angry! Why hasn't something been done, What in the name of god can be done?! The guy who has the cameras has submitted footage to the Gardaí but sure nothing came of that as far as i am aware! Surprise surprise............

I just feel so helpless, does anyone know what steps i can take or who i could talk to?? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Try give Cavehill Red a message, he's the expert on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Whateva

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

not around St Lukes Cork by any chance ?

i always push my mirrors in when i park as iv seen idiots just pop out the lane and the most visible thing for them to kick and break is a car wing mirror..

mine would cost few hundred to repair so iv been told.

i knew of a czech couple in clonmel, and when a notorious scumbag got out of jail, he started harassing them, he broke their windows, so the couple set up a camera, well , guess what ? it worked ! he caught the guy ( at the time a suspect in a murder on the same street / since convicted - serving life ), he brought the video (evidence) to clonmel garda station and was told where to stick his video and told nothing could be done..

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Evelynmc

haha, its in cork alright, Blackpool, and the road is dead half the time, and yes priority number 1 is the mirrors being pushed in, that doesn't seem to stop them :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

charlemont wrote: »
    not around St Lukes Cork by any chance ?

i always push my mirrors in when i park as iv seen idiots just pop out the lane and the most visible thing for them to kick and break is a car wing mirror..

mine would cost few hundred to repair so iv been told.

I had some sh!t do that to my car when parked near work a few weeks ago. Foot marks on the bonnet and one of my motorised mirrors kicked.
    Doesn't work now and is held in place with duct tape.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Happened to me a Few years ago, Mates kid was havin a Party, so yard populated with Drunken Teens, one of em thought it would be a God idea to snap the miror of my Classic Ute, sufficed to say I wasnt impressed and expreseed my disatisfaction, Kid legged it, but kids being kids he came back roarin and started kickin the door of another neighbours Fairly new Mercedes, Needless to say at that point We went out on the street and returned the favour to his Kidneys.

I know someone who had to reinforce the car mirrors using a steel strap, and screwing in into the door frame and the back of the mirror.

Once he had repainted in black, it doesn't look quite so bad...infact you wouldn't really notice it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

In this case o.p a dog is your best friend, buy a big scary dog and your sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

In this case o.p a dog sniper rifle is your best friend, buy a big scary dog one and your sorted.

FYP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Whateva

Mingaw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Evelynmc wrote: »
    haha, its in cork alright, Blackpool, and the road is dead half the time, and yes priority number 1 is the mirrors being pushed in, that doesn't seem to stop them :(

Cork Foyer FTW.

Advertisement