Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mathematics - QUB Belfast, Uni of London or Open University

Options
  • 09-10-2010 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

I am hoping to apply for a mathematics degree for next September and was wondering if you think employers would generally consider these degrees on a similar level (assuming the same result). Or would one generally be a lot better to have than the others?

Queen's University, Belfast: Mathematics BSc
    As a full time undergraduate
    (a Russell Group Uni)

University of London: Mathematics & Economics BSc
    Distance learning degree
    http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/prospective_students/undergraduate/lse/math_econ/index.shtml

Open University: Mathematics & Statistics BSc
    Distance learning degree

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I'm not sure if the anti-OU snobbery still exists but I don't know if you can compare like with like as such because the courses are different. Assuming they were the same I'd say University of London, then QUB, then OU.

The Russell Group grouping doesn't matter so much with non-research subjects/degrees.

Advertisement