Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plotting problem

Options
  • 09-10-2010 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Quick question as Im at me wits end trying to figure it out.
    Using Autocad 2008, have a drawing I need to print off, the lines that I have set up to be broken lines look fine in model space, but when I go to preview in paper space, the lines appear solid.

I have checked the page set up, the scale is at 1:1, the rest of the drawing looks fine, (lineweights, hatching etc) except for the broken lines, which are appearing as solid.

Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Zoolander1

Have to change the linetype scale in paper space in that case.

You can make the viewport active in paper space(effectively model space), pick the lines you want as dashed etc and change the linetype scale in properties. Just plot preview to make sure and play around with scales as need be.

Should work I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

yes, thats exactly what I ended up doing, and it seemed to work, its just very time consuming. Actually, now that I think of it, I couldn't get the dimensions height to increase in model space either,(I set up my own styles etc and gve them the heights I wanted) so maybe If I try changing them in paper space, the height might increase.
    Cheers for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Zoolander1

Yeah pretty time consuming alright and something that happens to me at times.

I wonder if there's a way around it? Maybe setting up drawing limits in model space.......not really thought much about it, just thinking out loud. Maybe the default limits are basic A4 anyway, I'm not really sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Yeah, I tried doing a drawing limits aswell but it didn't seem to have any effect. Tried plotting from model space, using the window/limits/etc, made no difference. i spent ages trying out changing the scales aswell, and double checked the page set up, and everything seemed fine.
    It strange because some of my earlier drawings (from cad '06 say) are fine, as in the broken lines in model space appear exactly the same in paper space.
    It must be a glitch in the package or something as everything else about the drawing was fine. Its one to be noted for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,351 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Its not a glitch, there are two linetype scales, the general linetype scale, and one for paperspace scale. Which is there to turn scalling on or in in paperspace, depending on how youve draw the model.
    Type;
    "PSLTscale"
    it will display enter new value <1>:
    type "0"

The value is only even 1 or 0, if its not scaling right change it to the other one.
    Your way was a lot harder

• Advertisement
Advertisement