Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll...PES2011 VS. Fifa11...**ONLY VOTE IF YOU HAVE PLAYED BOTH(EXCLUDING DEMOS)**

Options
  • 09-10-2010 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, deciding whether to buy Fifa11 or PES2011... just said I'd make my own poll, and please only contibute if you have played both.
    I am not adding a poll to this thread as it would be plagued with votes by biased gamers.

People who would like to vote for one, mention some reason(s) as to why either Fifa or PES is best. This way a more accurate, detailed analysis can be obtained.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

e only vote if you have played both.

Cheers.

I'll vote when and if you put a poll up!

What's a poll going to achieve?

1. people are just going to vote anyway whether or not they played both.

2. it will start a fan boy argument

3. why can't you decide on the demos like everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Picked up Pro Evo today after much deliberation.

Played FIFA 11 all last week and played 2 hours of Pro Evo.

Early opinion, I prefer FIFA. It just seems more polished or something.

My opinion could change with more game time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

PES lost it's magic with the move to next gen for me. I've played both games, FIFA11 on the PS3 and PES2011 on the PC (Always played PES on the PC, good times) and in my opinion FIFA is streets ahead, though far from the perfect game that the review scores suggest.

I actually preferred PES2010 to the latest instalment. PES2011 advertises total freedom yet I felt more than ever that I had less control over things, random occurrences like first touches being heavy despite not holding sprint, pass power completely disregarding how long you held the pass button. Things like that are simply not good enough these days.

@ OP, just play both demos for a day each and then make a choice.

And OP, if you're really nit picking decide who you like more.

Andy Gray: FIFA

or

Jim Beglin: PES

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Which do people think is better online?

Now I have a pretty bad broadband connection(1gb) but most games I have i.e MW2,gears of war I can play online,but when it comes to pro evo it lags pretty badly.
    Is it the same for both or is fifa better online?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

PES lost it's magic with the move to next gen for me. I've played both games, FIFA11 on the PS3 and PES2011 on the PC (Always played PES on the PC, good times) and in my opinion FIFA is streets ahead, though far from the perfect game that the review scores suggest.

I actually preferred PES2010 to the latest instalment. PES2011 advertises total freedom yet I felt more than ever that I had less control over things, random occurrences like first touches being heavy despite not holding sprint, pass power completely disregarding how long you held the pass button. Things like that are simply not good enough these days.

@ OP, just play both demos for a day each and then make a choice.

Thank god I'm not alone in thinking this about PES. I think its shocking this year. It's like every move is scripted. I've already broke a controller by bouncing it off a wall. That said I still think Fifa is just as sub par as its always been as far as gameplay goes...no change there. Both are crap equally so no vote from me.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

good poll :rolleyes:

played the 2( demos). think Fifa still has the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Which do people think is better online?

Now I have a pretty bad broadband connection(1gb) but most games I have i.e MW2,gears of war I can play online,but when it comes to pro evo it lags pretty badly.
    Is it the same for both or is fifa better online?

That does not sound like a poor broadband connection to me!:p I've heard that PES isn't as smooth online as FIFA, I've only encountered a few games online (FIFA) that were affected by lag. Just don't play any game where the latency is under two bars!

So played about 2 hours of PES and 2 hours of FIFA yesterday.

Have to say... I fcuking hate PES. It seems really blocky or something. The passing is annoying.

Nearly every time I go to kick off in PES I seem to always end up giving the ball away to the oppostion. :mad:

I'm finding it too easy to score from way out of the box too. There's not much of a challenge with it.

It doesn't seem as fluid as FIFA for me.

I tried to give it a good go but PES just annoys me now. I'll most likely trade it in on Friday for Medal Of Honour tbh.

That's just me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I bought PES2011 last Friday and have played a few games online - experienced no lag and didn't have that usual **** from the EA servers when trying to get a game going. PES online brought me right back to when I played on PS2, really enjoyed the games and was confident that I'd actually be able to finish a game without the other lad quitting once I got into the lead....god that was a virus of FIFA..

Got the option file on saturday and now have all the kits, correct lineup, competitions, etc...happy days! :pac:

PSN ID - casho1981

• Registered Users Posts: 16,888 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

That_Guy wrote: »
    So played about 2 hours of PES and 2 hours of FIFA yesterday.

Have to say... I fcuking hate PES. It seems really blocky or something. The passing is annoying.

Nearly every time I go to kick off in PES I seem to always end up giving the ball away to the oppostion. :mad:

I'm finding it too easy to score from way out of the box too. There's not much of a challenge with it.

It doesn't seem as fluid as FIFA for me.

I tried to give it a good go but PES just annoys me now. I'll most likely trade it in on Friday for Medal Of Honour tbh.

That's just me though.

When I played PES 2011 first I wanted to throw it out the window.
    "Stupid fvcking passing, they've broken the game" I thought.

I have to admit that I was completely and utterly wrong.
    The learning curve is a absolute cnut and you'll probably want to give up on it... BUT

When you realise that the game is giving you the ability to accurately direct and weight your passes you realise how much freedom it allowing you.
    At first it's horrible and just feels laborious and daft, when you get to grips with it that all changes.
    Simply pressing the pass button and having the AI do all the work for you is something I couldn't go back to now, even though I can see future PES titles having the new passing system and an optional "classic" system for those you couldn't be bothered.

The way I look at it is when I'm playing football myself I can't just think to myself "Pass", I have to look where I'm passing the ball, consider how much weight to put on the pass etc...
    The new PES controls are a bitch to start with but when you get the hang of it, it all makes sense

The new tricks in the game are amazing too, the defence's are tougher so you actually have a reason to learn them and they're dead easy once you know what to do.

Over all PES feels more like actual football, having to rely on your own common sense to not make yourself look a tit. At least with PES 2011 when I fvck up it's not the AI's fault it's mine.
    I can see how a lot of people won't like it but I'm enjoying it too much to care.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

That_Guy wrote: »

I've only played the demo and this happened in my first few matches but I realised that when the whistle blows the first touch is automatically taken by the person kicking off. So if you press x when the whistle blows it is actually controlling the second player to touch the ball and this leads to the ball just being kicked anywhere as opposed to being directed using the controller.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

nullzero wrote: »
    I started out with PES

When I played PES 2011 first I wanted to throw it out the window.
    "Stupid fvcking passing, they've broken the game" I thought.

I have to admit that I was completely and utterly wrong.
    The learning curve is a absolute cnut and you'll probably want to give up on it... BUT

When you realise that the game is giving you the ability to accurately direct and weight your passes you realise how much freedom it allowing you.
    At first it's horrible and just feels laborious and daft, when you get to grips with it that all changes.
    Simply pressing the pass button and having the AI do all the work for you is something I couldn't go back to now, even though I can see future PES titles having the new passing system and an optional "classic" system for those you couldn't be bothered.

The way I look at it is when I'm playing football myself I can't just think to myself "Pass", I have to look where I'm passing the ball, consider how much weight to put on the pass etc...
    The new PES controls are a bitch to start with but when you get the hang of it, it all makes sense

The new tricks in the game are amazing too, the defence's are tougher so you actually have a reason to learn them and they're dead easy once you know what to do.

Over all PES feels more like actual football, having to rely on your own common sense to not make yourself look a tit. At least with PES 2011 when I fvck up it's not the AI's fault it's mine.
    I can see how a lot of people won't like it but I'm enjoying it too much to care.

Good post.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭finnezzia

+1

The only thing I would add is that its brilliant to see the chip through ball actually work again. The power guage is a godsend for that.

Advertisement