Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unable to escape from the X Factor

• 09-10-2010 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭

It's probably a well worn topic at this point but why is it so difficult to get away from the glorified karaoke that is the X factor.

In the last 24 hours at least two high profile RTE presenters have dedicated a fair amount of time of their programme to it.

I understand that it's one of the most popular shows around but why does it need to be discussed by the national broadcaster of Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Then why are you........nevermind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

chin_grin wrote: »
    Then why are you........nevermind.

Yeah. Thats right.I was bitching about it.

You'd never hear Derek Mooney doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

orourkeda wrote: »
    why does it need to be discussed
    Exactly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

See if you can find yourself one of those remote-control thingies, and change channels whenever it comes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Pookah wrote: »
    See if you can find yourself one of those remote-control thingies, and change channels whenever it comes on.

What about when it's on every radio show, on the cover of every tabloid and magazine, mentioned on several tv shows. It's very irritating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Or better yet, give your telly to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

The X Factor is like incest: absolutely disgusting, but you don't really have to do anything about it unless it affects you directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I think you'll find I never said I watched it. I DON'T.

It's when you can't turn on a radio or open a newspaper without Simon Cowell in your face that I get fed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭nodgienodge

Why are they hailing the fact that the Irish can now vote as some kind of victory? All it means is the producers of the X factor make even more £££€€€ from all the Irish muppets who can now waste their €€€ voting :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Oh the Ironing,

This used to be a X Factor free zone.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement