Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox support!

• 09-10-2010 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

Hi guys the analog stick on my xbox 360 controller broke so I called MS support up and I was expecting them to send me a replacement since beforehand they have been very helpful to me. I entred my serial number and the guy on the phone told me it was still in warntee and put me on hold. After a good 10 minutes on hold he told me that the accessory was not in warntee since it is only covered for up to 1 year. I told him about the sales of good act and that the product is not up to merchantable quality and he still told me about some policy BS. I also told him that I might consider taking MS to the small claims court if I get nowhere. Anybody have any suggestions on what to do? thanks :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

How long have you had it?
    First time that I've heard of anybody breaking one of the analogue sticks off, the console itself may be poorly manufactured, but the controllers are most definitely not!
    I'd suck it up and buy a new one if I were you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

tman wrote: »
    How long have you had it?
    First time that I've heard of anybody breaking one of the analogue sticks off, the console itself may be poorly manufactured, but the controllers are most definitely not!
    I'd suck it up and buy a new one if I were you

The analogue stick has not fallen off rather than when I move the analog stick right the console thinks I am holding the analog stick up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i would just buy a new one tbh, harvey normans normally have them on sale for 20 euro..

small claims court for your controller?? did the guy break his balls laughing? it would cost u 15 euro and prob a day off work to go in to the court. plus u run the risk of losing.

suck it up lad ;) buy a controller. the 360 controllers are fantastic u must have dropped it or something????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

As the others have suggested... buy a new controller.

Doubt you'd get anywhere in the small claims court and then if you did would it really have been worth the time and effort over a controller.

I have never heard of this problem with official 360 controllers, doesn't mean it can't happen though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Purtellg

Yeah your probably gonna be better off getting a new one mate . Spouting legislation is all well and good but if you wanted to use that against them waiting over a year is'nt going to hold up .

If it wasnt up to standard you would have noticed when you bought it . Sorry mate
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Unfortunately for you, I reckon the boys here are just. Just gonna have to bite the bullet, and buy a new controller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Bi6N

A years cover on accessories is pretty awesome in fairness.
    The controllers are hardcore, I'm surprised I've not broken a few of mine already, dropping a set down a stairs for example.

It seems you may have gotten a little over emotional, I've only called xbox support once and it was a great call. The agent was very polite and extremly helpful :)

As the fellas above have said, just buy a new one.

Advertisement