Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insane Clown Posse finally admit it . . .

Options
  • 09-10-2010 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

After 20 years, Insane Clown Posse have revealed that they are in fact Christians despite their violent overtones and provocotive lyrics . . .

I won't quote the whole thing as it's quite long and some of the lyrics are definitely NSFW.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/oct/09/insane-clown-posse-christians-god
    ICP have been going for 20 years, always wearing clown make-up, which looks slightly lumpy because it's painted over their goatees. They've been banned from performing in various cities where juggalos have been implicated in murders and gang violence. ICP have a fearsome reputation, fostered by news reports showing teenagers in juggalo T-shirts arrested for stabbing strangers and lyrics like "Barrels in your mouth/bullets to your head/The back of your neck's all over the shed/Boomshacka boom chop chop bang."
    All of which makes Violent J's recent announcement really quite astonishing: Insane Clown Posse have this entire time secretly been evangelical Christians. They've only been pretending to be brutal and sadistic to trick their fans into believing in God. They released a song, Thy Unveiling, that spelt out the revelation beyond all doubt:
    **** it, we got to tell.
    All secrets will now be told
    No more hidden messages
    …Truth is we follow GOD!!!
    We've always been behind him
    The carnival is GOD
    And may all juggalos find him
    We're not sorry if we tricked you.
    The news shook the juggalo community to its core. While some fans claimed they'd actually had an inkling, having deciphered some of the hidden messages in several songs, others said they felt deeply betrayed and outraged: they'd been innocently enjoying all those songs about chopping people up and shooting women, and it was Christian rock?
    Violent J explained himself unapologetically to a New Jersey newspaper: "You have to speak their language. You have to interest them, gain their trust, talk to them and show you're one of them. You're a person from the street and you speak of your experiences. Then at the end you can tell them: God has helped me."
    Of course, one might argue that 20 years was, under the circumstances, an incredibly long time for them to have pretended to be unholy, and that, from a Christian perspective, the harm they did while feigning unholiness may even have outweighed the greater good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Thought they were going to admit that they're utterly shíte!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

It'd be a little more interesting than having the Mormons call to your door.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

they admitted that ages ago, when their last album came out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

The worst group in the history of recorded music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

"God"........ they sound like a bunch of insane clowns to me. You die, you rot, there is no more, delude yourself for comfort if you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

god, he makes miracles and sh1t yo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

ICP announce something.. Not many really care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭pvt6zh395dqbrj

Flippin' magnets, how do they work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

Sorry guys, didn't realise it was old news . . . was just reading the paper :o.

There are some amazing quotes in fairness though . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

While I always thought they were crap, I could never understand the hostility they generated (in America)....then again, I suppose I've never been stuck listening to their crap...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from after hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

What exactly is the problem? It's music; not a lifestyle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

What exactly is the problem? It's music; not a lifestyle.

lol

tell that to one of their 'juggalos'

Advertisement