Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Putting A Few Meals Together

Options
  • 09-10-2010 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

Hi all, am home alone for a few days so must fend for myself in the cooking department:) I actually quite enjoy cooking but am rather limited. Just wondering if ye can give me some nice ideas to try. Here's what i have.

Chicken Drumsticks
    Minced Lamb
    Fillet Steak
    Chives
    Rosemary
    Thyme
    Onions
    Garlic
    Mushrooms
    Carrots
    Potatoes
    Limes
    Bread
    Pasta (Tagliatelle)
    Feta
    Parmesan
    Cream
    Cream Cheese
    Eggs

Was thinking of some kind of soup, heard Feta goes nice with some variety of it. And maybe a shephards pie with the mince.

As i said, just want to try an experiment, i know i don't have the greatest variety of ingredients but all help will be appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Yeah, Shepherds Pie with the lamb mince, the spuds, the mushrooms and onions. Serve it with carrots. Make some chips with the spuds you have left, serve them with a grilled fillet steak and garlic mushrooms. Marinate the drumsticks in lime juice and garlic, add some salt, bake and eat just as they are. Mix a couple of eggs with a shedload (ok, about half a US cup) of Parmesan, crush a garlic clove and add it, cook your tagliatelle, then when it's done, pour the egg mixture over and stir for a few mins - the eggs should cook in the heat from the pasta (if fussy, cook the garlic in a little butter first, until soft but not in any way browned - it goes bitter). Top it with snipped chives.

Alternatively, cook the fillet steak to your liking, remove from pan, add sliced mushrooms and let them cook in the beef juices, add 225ml cream and boil, throw in some Parmesan, and use this as a sauce for your steak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭johnnycee66

Chicken drumsticks can be roasted with oil, salt thyme or rosemary, sprinkle with lime juice and tuck the lime segments in. Fillet steak will stand on its own, panfried. When resting, pour some alcohol into the pan, scrape around, reduce, pour in some cream, reduce - sauce for steak. Potatoes dauphinois - rub a dish with garlic, slice potatoes thinly and layer, about three/four layers, seasoning between layers. pour in cream to cover two thirds of dish. Bake for about an hour until potatoes soft and/or cream evaporated. Mushrooms can be stuffed and baked - mixture of breadcrumbs, onions, garlic and thyme, or breadcrumbs, thyme, garlic and a bit of cream cheese, 20 mins in oven. potatoes halved or cut smallish, roasted in their skins with oil and thyme, salted halfeway through. Enjoy!!!

Advertisement