Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fuji fine pix-is it worth getting fixed and where?

• 09-10-2010 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I don't know a whole lot about camera's so I would appreciate some advice. My Dad gave me his 'old' camera Fuji Fine Pix S8100fd. I'm not sure whats happened to it, I suspect its been dropped- but when I switch it on, it says 'zoom error' and I can't use it at all. The zoom won't budge, its just 'stuck'.... Can it be fixed easily or should I just buy a new camera?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

This happened to my old Fuji s1000fd, I fixed it by simply grabbing the lens and giving it a lightly forced turn in my hand with the cam off. It can be caused by dirt or grit lodged inside the barrel. Don't take me at my word, it' not a guarantee, and it's up to yourself if you want to try it. All I know is it worked for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Not sure on the model of your camera but I asked in a few camera shops and they said the price to fix it you may aswell buy a new camera. Had the same problem, zoom stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

This happened to my old Fuji s1000fd, I fixed it by simply grabbing the lens and giving it a lightly forced turn in my hand with the cam off. It can be caused by dirt or grit lodged inside the barrel. Don't take me at my word, it' not a guarantee, and it's up to yourself if you want to try it. All I know is it worked for me.

I've a fujifilm (although not that same make) and it had the same problem, a bit a twisting and fiddling (plus a few frustrated whacks) fixed it right up! ;)

Advertisement