Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of books

Options
  • 09-10-2010 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭

I have a LOT of books that I need to get rid of. I want to give them to a charity shop pr something like that (or else recycle them) but I dont want to go in town and have to find parking and then drag the books to a shop.

Does anyone know of anywhere in the suburbs which has a charity shop bin which accepts books?
    I checked the ones in Douglas Court this morning but they only accept clothes.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

There is a charity shop in Cook Street that was taking books recently they had a sign on their window about it - I dont know the name of it - shop is located closer to Oliver Plunkett Street end of Cook Street - someone else on Boards might be able to identify the shop for you :)

Kilsmum :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I did say not in town :-)

Uh oh...just did a search and there are a few threads on this already with no answers unfortunately.

You can park outside the shop - there is parking on Cook Street

So if I go in town right now you can guarantee in will get parking nearby? I might get lucky but I doubt it somehow.

I'm not guaranteeing you anything - just making a suggestion - thats all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

St. Vincent de Paul shop in mahon will take your books. Plenty of parking. Up by the church. If your books are in good condition you might consider donating them to a library.

Thanks. Will try the svp in mahon. The books are in excellent nick. The wife was asking if I ever actually read any of them as they are so like new. All paperback though so not suitable for a library i imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Ludo wrote: »
    Thanks. Will try the svp in mahon. The books are in excellent nick. The wife was asking if I ever actually read any of them as they are so like new. All paperback though so not suitable for a library i imagine.

keep in mind that SVP have become very picky in what they accept.
    Re:Cook Street, I'm pretty sure you will definitely get a parking space if you head in early on a Saturday morning, get in between 9 and 9:30am and you'll get one. Most drivers will park in the large car parks around the city or street parking a bit further out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Oxfam have a sign up saying that they will collect books. Ring them.

Advertisement